Benchmark Expressions

"Wife says it's her or the bike"

I've seen that plenty of times, and it was part of the description in the Craig's ad for my Bonneville. I thought it was a snarky joke, until I showed up and the owner was apologizing that it wasn't ready yet. Seems his wife was so upset about the motorcycle that she had been using it as a drying rack. He was quickly pulling damp laundry off of it before he rolled it out onto his driveway for my inspection.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
"Wife says it's her or the bike"

I've seen that plenty of times, and it was part of the description in the Craig's ad for my Bonneville. I thought it was a snarky joke, until I showed up and the owner was apologizing that it wasn't ready yet. Seems his wife was so upset about the motorcycle that she had been using it as a drying rack. He was quickly pulling damp laundry off of it before he rolled it out onto his driveway for my inspection.
:rofl:
 
Asking top dollar for a bike with high miles: "These engines have been known to go for 100,000 miles." There's that benchmark, again.
 
Back
Top