Ben Affleck's New BMW

There's a photo of Chip Beck's Husqvarna in his living room here.
 
I’m not gonna lie. I went to a restaurant somewhere that I can’t even remember once with my wife years ago and it had in wall glass displays of old motorcycles from 1915, 20, 30, 40 and I spent a long time dragging my wife around and talking about them even though she clearly was not really interested.

If I had F you money I probably would have some sort of a display of motorcycles and engines somewhere.

I already have a W12 intake manifold complete with throttle bodies hanging on my wall as art in my garage- I currently own a W12 car and have had 3 W12 in my family.. which is an extension of the 24v VR6 3 of which my wife and I also have owned.

I have a Bugatti factory charger sitting on a shelf, on top of a Marantz receiver in my garage, because unless I win the lottery I will never be able to afford a Bugatti. But the W16 is based on the same VR6 / W12 architecture.

I like an odd combination of classic old stuff combined with high end technology.

Disclaimer – high end does not mean that “leading” new technology is best.

On cars that means I prefer all motor, port injected.

Although the new ‘Porsche’ 4.0 all motor seems great. (VW owns Porsche, Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, Audi- pretty much the best engines and engineers in the world, sorry Honda)

Example I own two ‘old’ Panasonic plasma TVs, both of which have been professionally tuned with high end equipment, taking several hours each, and modern TVs still cannot touch what panny plasma perform in a darker room. Only advantage on modern TV is bright room (which means bad picture anyway), and cost, heat, weight.

I’m pretty good at getting off topic eh?

Uggh- back to CB work....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cormanus_imp said:
There's a photo of Chip Beck's Husqvarna in his living room here.


Just saw this for the first time- and love it soo much that I forwarded it to a friend. THANK YOU & CHIP!

Rings true- “filled all of us with lust and desire for rare and expensive machines that we couldn't afford.”

Which is why I buy older stuff I can get and spend countless hours still re-working, researching, re-styling.

Even then I spend much more $$$& and time than any rational person would think makes sense - which is weird because if you met me, I am probably the most logical and least emotional person you’ve met.

Although I suppose my logic and emotion are subjective to my memory and base line.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm pretty sure there was another member who posted pictures of bikes in the living room, but it's hard to search for it easily when I can't remember his/her name. I'll try sometime.
 
two did actually

HondaHoarder from Kentucky (who switched to Moto Guzzi's) and Chip Beck who has at least 1 Husqvarna 250 mxer in this house
 
If my youngest daughter doesn’t talk me out of it I plan to drain the fluids out of my V7R and place it on display in the den once the basement is finished. My youngest wants the V7R to ride. I see nothing odd about having a bike as an object de art in a house.
 
The ferret_imp said:
two did actually

HondaHoarder from Kentucky (who switched to Moto Guzzi's) and Chip Beck who has at least 1 Husqvarna 250 mxer in this house
I've posted the link to Chip Beck's and, eventually, I found HondaHoarder's but the pictures were another casualty of Botophucket.
 
I have a brand new, never-ridden, never-started, never-fueled, never-sat on 2004 Honda CB50R sitting upstairs in my home overlooking my living room and kitchen. Neat little bike. Ferret and Offroad have seen it. It’s art, nothing else. Can’t believe it’s been up there for 16 years!

1f1b58d16a9070e28aa6a824a26eb1eb.jpg
 
Thread starter
My wife is very lucky that we live in a small, upstairs condo. I can't drag a motorcyle up there!

When my first wife and I separated, we agreed that I would keep the house, but she would get everything inside it. Which left me single, with a nice, blank canvas to decorate, by myself. My wall art included manifolds, valve covers and other parts, my tables were radiators and tailgates, my couches were van seats. I thought it was awesome. When I started dating again, my potential mates were, usually, not impressed. When I met my current wife, my friends did sort of an "intervention" with me, telling me that she was a keeper, and that I needed clear out the junkyard, and buy some actual, adult furniture or I would lose her.

in 2000, my job sublet me out to Dan Gurney's AAR factory. My job was to go through their warehouses, find interesting items, and auction them off. People who bought some of the more interesting items sent me pictures of what they had done with them. Lots of Indy car tires turned into table bases. Indy car nosecones and rear wings mounted on walls like shelves to hold racing memorabilia. The most creative thing I saw was a guy who bought a full front body clip from a '93 Toyota GTP car. He put lights in the headlight buckets, and hung it vertically in his office, so that the lights were over his desk.
 
Back
Top