Ben Affleck's New BMW

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Big news today about Ben Affleck's girlfriend giving him a new custom BMW. Apparently he was so excited to ride it that he didn't even take the time to peel the label off of the helmet.

... or am I missing something here?
 
Lol love the sticker on the face shield
 
Thread starter
Maybe he's like Ricky Bobby... he let them sponsor the windshield.
 
Baron Peter, don't go there. Please.

The rider is looking for the "IST" on the end of the name of his HUD.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman, whaddya think about ... :P
You know what I think Peter , I did not think about that bike !
I have been called a dirty old man but I see my self as a sexy senior citizen.
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman, whaddya think about ... :P
You know what I think Peter , I did not think about that bike !
I have been called a dirty old man but I see my self as a sexy senior citizen.


Then this is the picture you need-


ae83bebc9fe28017534531e655f3b6aa.jpg

Is that tiny sliver at the bottom of the seat actually the tail light / brake light? Uggh.

What bike is this? Resto- mod?

Must be.. no blinkers, bar end mirrors,

Knobby tires crack me up on a bike with a low pipe, no travel forks, no fender...

I like style, but I like function. I hate fake, I hate fluff.
 
Fork gaiters look cool. Headlight looks Motodemic? As for the integrated tail light, perhaps it also has built-in yellow LED's on the edges for turn signals?

I can never buy into the BMW hype. Out of 50 "builds" I see, I'll like maybe 1, and that's maybe

Funny thing is, this "custom built motorcycle" probably sold for ~$20k out of a "boutique garage" and cost maybe $5k to put together... But hey, that's probably a very routine thing to do when you're a moviestar, you just have to pay a certain price for things in order to feel good about yourself.

The matching Hedon lids and Golden goose shoes indeed speak for themselves

Below you will find Ben Affleck's reaction after his new fling leaves him and he realizes the old motorrad spends more time back at the builder's shop for "maintenance" than he does riding it :rofl:
f49433794c5c47a12b04dd4b7eaba7e7.jpg
 
I’ve seen some cool R9T builds but there’s nothing here to me at least, which makes this bike stand out. On the upside at least Mr Affleck has a hobby that gets him out of the house and amongst the unwashed masses. A rider is a rider.
 
Thread starter
That is true, Frulk. It would be sad if this highly publicized photo (probably staged for the benefit of the motorycle customizer and the helmet company) was the only time the bike sees daylight, and it became living room art shortly afterwards.

Who knows, maybe he rides all the time. Maybe, next time I go to Malibu, I'll bump into him getting on a ratty old KLR or something.
 
First off, the two helmets new sell for more than what I could get for my entire motorcycle.

My theory is that he didn't see the label and put on his helmet with the visor up. Flipped it down during the ride and was like "It's wicked haad to see through this thing"
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That is true, Frulk. It would be sad if this highly publicized photo (probably staged for the benefit of the motorycle customizer and the helmet company) was the only time the bike sees daylight, and it became living room art shortly afterwards.

Who knows, maybe he rides all the time. Maybe, next time I go to Malibu, I'll bump into him getting on a ratty old KLR or something.

I met a guy once that had a Ducati on display in his living room- never ridden. Yea- it's a thing.
 
Thread starter
I know it's a thing... I sold a BMW to pay for my CB1100. It had faulty ABS, so I wasn't expecting to get as much as I did. The buyer said he didn't care, he was just looking for the cleanest example of my model he could possibly find, because it was the one that was missing from his "In-house museum."

I didn't ask any further questions, I just took his money.
 
Back
Top