LucienLeFranc
Running like a top
Thread starter
Maybe a bit trivial of a post topic, but just in the off chance that it helps repay at least in some small trivial way for all of your advice to this CB1100 noob, who, with your help, now has the bike almost exactly how he needs and wants it.
PREFACE:
While I have a 46L Givi topcase and two 37L SW Motech Side cases, all three are only needed on the bike when I'm riding with my wife doing multi-day trips, and the topcase by itself is only needed around town either when my wife is riding and needs it as a backrest, or I'm doing a grocery run.
Other than that, I really prefer riding a naked bike with no luggage at all, but also I do want to be prepared.
Luckily, Honda has provided space under the seat for tools and my U-lock, with a small bit of extra space remaining for a few other odds and ends, so I am mostly prepared..
Mostly, but not quite. So...
SOLUTION.
Finally, here's the meat of the post, what I wanted to share, hoping it's helpful, my remaining setup in order to be prepared on a naked CB1100, not rocket science, but anyway here:

The top layer:

Under that:

Under that, two each of these:


And under that, last but not least, my kickstand plate for mud, sand, grass or gravel:

And that's it, always on the bike, making sure that I'm prepared to carrying this or that whenever needed, prepared to park wherever needed, no top or side cases needed, fully prepared when riding my bike naked.
PREFACE:
While I have a 46L Givi topcase and two 37L SW Motech Side cases, all three are only needed on the bike when I'm riding with my wife doing multi-day trips, and the topcase by itself is only needed around town either when my wife is riding and needs it as a backrest, or I'm doing a grocery run.
Other than that, I really prefer riding a naked bike with no luggage at all, but also I do want to be prepared.
Luckily, Honda has provided space under the seat for tools and my U-lock, with a small bit of extra space remaining for a few other odds and ends, so I am mostly prepared..
Mostly, but not quite. So...
SOLUTION.
Finally, here's the meat of the post, what I wanted to share, hoping it's helpful, my remaining setup in order to be prepared on a naked CB1100, not rocket science, but anyway here:

The top layer:

Under that:

Under that, two each of these:


And under that, last but not least, my kickstand plate for mud, sand, grass or gravel:

And that's it, always on the bike, making sure that I'm prepared to carrying this or that whenever needed, prepared to park wherever needed, no top or side cases needed, fully prepared when riding my bike naked.
Last edited by a moderator:


