Before and After

gman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Finally secured all the parts to complete my upgrades to my 2013 CB1100 standard. With a great deal of luck and fellow CB1100 owner from Finland I was able to secure a complete Deluxe/EX exhaust system on Ebay. Ordered the 2014 Deluxe seat and small OEM parts from Partzilla and after waiting a few weeks for exhaust system to come from Finland (shipped right during the Corona virus ) I was able to finish the project. Total cost for the conversion:

CB1100 $3,600 (June 2019)
Deluxe Seat $ 277
Deluxe Exhaust $ 877
OEM Small Parts $ 46

Total Cost $4,800

I was blessed to be able to do these mods for $1,200, while not cheap, far less than buying all new oem parts. The exhaust system looked brand new as the prior owner of the 2016 EX has upgraded to Moriaki 4/4.

Never having to polish the "tarnish" off the original pipes again is priceless!!!

Yes the center stand is gone and there a few details missing from "Ron in Mo" thread on his conversion. The kickstand has to be modded to retract fully and you need to buy a plug $4 for the left side OXY sensor port. Everything fit like a glove and total time spent about 2 hours.
One last picture of parts removed.
 
Beautiful! What a fun upgrade to do. And $3600, wow!

I am equally impressed with ya'll that have garages that look like that...I just don't know how that's possible! : )
 
Very very nice indeed!
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Beautiful! What a fun upgrade to do. And $3600, wow!

I am equally impressed with ya'll that have garages that look like that...I just don't know how that's possible! : )
I was blessed to find the bike at that price with 1800 miles on the odometer. When we decided to build our "forever home" I made sure the garage was adequate, at 46' feet wide by 24' deep I got it right this time! But hey, the wife got everything she wanted ( keeps them happy inside while we enjoy our toys in the garage ).

This is the way Honda should have built all the CB1100's with the EX version being 4x4 exhaust!!!:thanks:
 
ahhhh symmetry.

Very nice!
 
Lovely job gman.
 
Thread starter
FLYTYM_imp said:
You need to finish off the seat install with the correct OEM brackets to reposition the grab rail. As it sits right now the seat is sitting on the grab rail,the OEM brackets will reposition the rail to clear the seat.

This is my 2014 Standard with the 2014 Deluxe seat,notice the gap between the bottom edge of the seat and the grab rail.

That is in the plan, still trying to figure out which parts can be re-used and what exactly needs to be ordered, as to part numbers.

Thanks
 
wow! 1800 on the odo and sold for 3600... my 14 has over 17k on the odo and I would not part with it for less than, well, I started to say 6, then I was like, no, 8, then no, 10, but I guess that I would let it go for whatever price would give me enough to purchase a 13 and another 14, with less miles, but they would both have to be perfect condition and meticulously maintained. IMHO this is the best motorcycle Honda ever made for the general public.
 
Really nice job! I got almost an identical deal on my '13 std with 1500 miles . . . I am still thrilled! The exhaust and seat look great.

I am really interested in the dlx seat for my bike. Is it any more comfortable or just good to look at?
 
Back
Top