Beemer's Company

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today we had a really nice early summer Sunday ride.

We were a small, but nice group of 5 riders. These are my friends:

1e88513611cf8df9a2caca40af71196d.jpg


2 BMW K1300GT, 2 BMW K100RS16V, 1 CB1100:
898d84409ace87029c4c0d14d981a3d4.jpg


Well, there was also a castle
65ced1267bca0b2c8ca59ecc3a5b4baa.jpg


On the way home I completed km 15,000 on my CB:
4352bb7a451de686551932e74b8e97e1.jpg
 
Nice, Django. Thanks.
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
Can you and the CB keep up with those made to tour BMW's?
No problem at a day trip along back country roads. On a long distance trip using the Autobahn you'd no chance to keep up.

The K1300GT has 162 hp, if I'm right, and speeds up easily to 250 km/h
(~155 mi/h), where then the speed cutter jumps in.

Funny thing is, these 2 K100RS16V are from 1990, have already as good mpg as my CB, but bigger tank, 100 hp and already ABS. These were really good bikes for their time being, 25 years ago.

The blue K100 of my friend, who also accompanied me one the saddle sore this spring to Italy, has 160,000 km (100,000 mi) on the clock. The white one nearly the same.
 
The old K100 and K75 will go for extremely high mileage if properly maintained. Recorded examples up to 800,000 miles! Many over 400,000 miles. Even Ferret might not be able to wear one out in a lifetime.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Maybe if I had got an earlier start. ;) don't think I have that many miles left in me anymore. I figure maybe another 125,000 unless I get lucky health wise.
 
Back
Top