Beautiful replacement tank for the 2014 STD

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
If you have a 2014 standard and want to make a dramatic change, or your existing tank has a ding that's hard to live with, take a look at this tank on page 1 of Takashi's CB1100 accessories page:

42c3f85ba807d13048bc3108ce7729df.jpg


It's 950,000 yen (around a grand) and a "mint condition" (used?) tank.

I for one really like it.

Anyone else like it?
 
Thread starter
Certainly for Farkle Fanatics only.

I'm a very responsible spender. With one and only one exception. Motorcycles!

I spent $20,000 in farkles on my CB100 and that's a conservative estimate.
 
Nice, but I'm so taken with the stock red, I can't imagine swapping it out even if it was cheap! :-/
CB4ME_imp said:
Certainly for Farkle Fanatics only.

I'm a very responsible spender. With one and only one exception. Motorcycles!

I spent $20,000 in farkles on my CB100 and that's a conservative estimate.
And worth every penny!
 
Thats not really a bad price though. List price for a stock tank is $1100 though you can get one on-line for ~800 or a little less.

So I guess that is pretty much list price for a tank with a custom paint job.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Certainly for Farkle Fanatics only.

I'm a very responsible spender. With one and only one exception. Motorcycles!

I spent $20,000 in farkles on my CB100 and that's a conservative estimate.

Gyaaaad, although I must say every iteration of your bike was beautiful CB4ME.

I spent about $ 700 on farkles for mine most of which was the luggage rack from Germany, the headlight bucket and chrome inst cups from Japan and the Kawasaki fork gaiters... Other than that ... hand grips, 83 degree valve stems, battery tender jr pigtail and RLETs. For me the bike was nearly perfect the way Honda brought it out. The headlight bucket and chrome inst cups were an extravagant purchase for me, about half the farkling budget, and totally unnecessary. They just look good lol.

Although I can appreciate extreme farkling, personally I'd rather spend my money on gasoline, tires, oil & filters, brake pads, meals on the road and motel rooms ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Certainly for Farkle Fanatics only.

I'm a very responsible spender. With one and only one exception. Motorcycles!

I spent $20,000 in farkles on my CB100 and that's a conservative estimate.

Gyaaaad, although I must say every iteration of your bike was beautiful CB4ME.

I spent about $ 700 on farkles for mine most of which was the luggage rack from Germany, the headlight bucket and chrome inst cups from Japan and the Kawasaki fork gaiters... Other than that ... hand grips, 83 degree valve stems, battery tender jr pigtail and RLETs. For me the bike was nearly perfect the way Honda brought it out. The headlight bucket and chrome inst cups were an extravagant purchase for me, about half the farkling budget, and totally unnecessary. They just look good lol.

Although I can appreciate extreme farkling, personally I'd rather spend my money on gasoline, tires, oil & filters, brake pads, meals on the road and motel rooms ;)
+1
 
Can we confirm that is a standard tank?

(having only ever seen my own bike, I don't know visually from pictures what makes a dlx tank different)

If I could get both a cool paint job, and increased capacity over my std tank- I might do it. Assuming they are directly interchangeable.
 
The ferret_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Certainly for Farkle Fanatics only.

I'm a very responsible spender. With one and only one exception. Motorcycles!

I spent $20,000 in farkles on my CB100 and that's a conservative estimate.

Gyaaaad, although I must say every iteration of your bike was beautiful CB4ME.

I spent about $ 700 on farkles for mine most of which was the luggage rack from Germany, the headlight bucket and chrome inst cups from Japan and the Kawasaki fork gaiters... Other than that ... hand grips, 83 degree valve stems, battery tender jr pigtail and RLETs. For me the bike was nearly perfect the way Honda brought it out. The headlight bucket and chrome inst cups were an extravagant purchase for me, about half the farkling budget, and totally unnecessary. They just look good lol.

Although I can appreciate extreme farkling, personally I'd rather spend my money on gasoline, tires, oil & filters, brake pads, meals on the road and motel rooms ;)

Gyaaaad, although I must say every iteration of your bike was beautiful CB4ME.

I spent about $ 700 on farkles for mine most of which was the luggage rack from Germany, the headlight bucket and chrome inst cups from Japan and the Kawasaki fork gaiters... Other than that ... hand grips, 83 degree valve stems, battery tender jr pigtail and RLETs. For me the bike was nearly perfect the way Honda brought it out. The headlight bucket and chrome inst cups were an extravagant purchase for me, about half the farkling budget, and totally unnecessary. They just look good lol.

Although I can appreciate extreme farkling, personally I'd rather spend my money on gasoline, tires, oil & filters, brake pads, meals on the road and motel rooms ;) Good grief, I was just thinking about that same line of reasoning today, three days straight riding the CB1100.

What have I done to it? Ikon shocks. CB500 bars. And finally, Galfer s/s brake and clutch lines.

OK, I have a couple of tank bags I like.

Of course it's not necessarily money spent one place or another, if a guy's got the dough, he's got the dough.
 
Crazy price. I paid 390.00 for a brand new tank on my Z1000 a couple years back after a big rock fell off a dump truck and hit the front of it. Left a dent and huge chips in the paint. Was cheaper to replace than to repaint.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
WOW! Did a princess deliver it on a satin pillow? :)
 
I think an email to Mr. T is going to be the easy way to get all the questions answered.
 
20k in accessories for this bike?? How is that even possible. Maybe if you add the total price including the bike but not even a top of the line HD touring CVO bike has 20k in extras.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top