Beam adjustment screw :)

Riko_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Did any of you know of the Beam adjustment screw? :)

Part 4 in the exploded view:
a141590fc1cda9bf9e0ca15812871d1c.png

Headlight for Honda CB 1100 EX ABS 2014 - Honda

picture of the screw


centered
[url=https://picoolio.net/image/IdGc]

aimed to the left
[url=https://picoolio.net/image/IdGa]

aimed to the right
[url=https://picoolio.net/image/IdGt]

So it allows a vertical adjustment rather than the known horizontal adjustment.


Edit: you can click on the pictures so they are much bigger
 
This is like a Where's Waldo..all the pics look the same to me :dodgy:
 
I saw the difference without the red line(s), but how is the vertical vs horizontal alignment accomplished - "So it allows a vertical adjustment rather than the know horizontal adjustment." I assume you meant "known"
 
Hmm I was looking at the hand and camera reflection and that white line, and they all looked the same. Didn't notice the rim pivoting horizontally, although I clearly see that now. However, I also don't understand how the horizontal adj has anything to do with the vertical adjustment.
 
On a bike where the headlight turns with the bars, I was at first baffled as to why Honda thought this adjustment was necessary. But the more I thought about it, I guess it makes good sense. Even if they attempted to make them perfectly straight from the factory, could there be a margin of error? This allows each bike to be adjusted to a suitable or desired precision.

Though I hate to admit it, I found this adjuster screw by accident. When I first went to disassemble the lamp to install the LED, I started here first.
After turning and turning and turning for what I found to be much too long of a time, there it was.....my headlamp was awkwardly turned hard to the left.
Definitely one of those "ah ha" moments.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Hmm I was looking at the hand and camera reflection and that white line, and they all looked the same. Didn't notice the rim pivoting horizontally, although I clearly see that now. However, I also don't understand how the horizontal adj has anything to do with the vertical adjustment.
it has nothing to do with it :) I was just mentioning that there are 2 adjustment options for the direction of the headlights.
Adjust up and down at the 'ears' its horizontal

Left to right adjustment is vertical....


Bob Sdaman_imp said:
On a bike where the headlight turns with the bars, I was at first baffled as to why Honda thought this adjustment was necessary. But the more I thought about it, I guess it makes good sense. Even if they attempted to make them perfectly straight from the factory, could there be a margin of error? This allows each bike to be adjusted to a suitable or desired precision.

Though I hate to admit it, I found this adjuster screw by accident. When I first went to disassemble the lamp to install the LED, I started here first.
After turning and turning and turning for what I found to be much too long of a time, there it was.....my headlamp was awkwardly turned hard to the left.
Definitely one of those "ah ha" moments.
indeed, i thought it was funny when i discovered that tweak option :)

I accidentally discovered it too when removing the headlight assembly :)
 
Riko_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmm I was looking at the hand and camera reflection and that white line, and they all looked the same. Didn't notice the rim pivoting horizontally, although I clearly see that now. However, I also don't understand how the horizontal adj has anything to do with the vertical adjustment.
it has nothing to do with it :) I was just mentioning that there are 2 adjustment options for the direction of the headlights.
Adjust up and down at the 'ears' its horizontal

Left to right adjustment is vertical....


Bob Sdaman_imp said:
On a bike where the headlight turns with the bars, I was at first baffled as to why Honda thought this adjustment was necessary. But the more I thought about it, I guess it makes good sense. Even if they attempted to make them perfectly straight from the factory, could there be a margin of error? This allows each bike to be adjusted to a suitable or desired precision.

Though I hate to admit it, I found this adjuster screw by accident. When I first went to disassemble the lamp to install the LED, I started here first.
After turning and turning and turning for what I found to be much too long of a time, there it was.....my headlamp was awkwardly turned hard to the left.
Definitely one of those "ah ha" moments.
indeed, i thought it was funny when i discovered that tweak option :)

I accidentally discovered it too when removing the headlight assembly :)
it has nothing to do with it :) I was just mentioning that there are 2 adjustment options for the direction of the headlights.
Adjust up and down at the 'ears' its horizontal

Left to right adjustment is vertical....
Man, I really misread this thread. When you said

"So it allows a vertical adjustment rather than the known horizontal adjustment."

I thought you were talking about that screw allowing a vertical adjustment.

my bad

English, tough language
 
I haven't done it, but I assume the vertical adjustment is done by the headlight case side mounting bolts/screws.
 
Thread starter
rbike_imp said:
I haven't done it, but I assume the vertical adjustment is done by the headlight case side mounting bolts/screws.
you mean the bolts at the 'ears'
as you might know and see they make the light go up or down = horizontal

Just in cas, you never know.v:rolleyes:
Horizontal


Vertical
[url=https://picoolio.net/image/IdZq]
The ferret_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
it has nothing to do with it :) I was just mentioning that there are 2 adjustment options for the direction of the headlights.
Adjust up and down at the 'ears' its horizontal

Left to right adjustment is vertical....
Man, I really misread this thread. When you said

"So it allows a vertical adjustment rather than the known horizontal adjustment."

I thought you were talking about that screw allowing a vertical adjustment.

my bad

English, tough language
it has nothing to do with it :) I was just mentioning that there are 2 adjustment options for the direction of the headlights.
Adjust up and down at the 'ears' its horizontal

Left to right adjustment is vertical.... my bad

English, tough language
nah, don't bother, I do it all the time in Dutch too
 
ver·ti·cal
ˈvərdək(ə)l/Submit
adjective
1.
at right angles to a horizontal plane; in a direction, or having an alignment, such that the top is directly above the bottom.
"the vertical axis"
synonyms: upright, erect, perpendicular, plumb, straight up and down, on end, standing, upstanding, bolt upright
"workers enter through a vertical shaft"
2.
archaic
denoting a point at the zenith or the highest point of something.
noun
1.
a vertical line or plane.
"the columns incline several degrees away from the vertical"
2.
an upright structure.
"we remodeled the opening with a simple lintel and unadorned verticals"

hor·i·zon·tal
ˌhôrəˈzän(t)l/Submit
adjective
1.
parallel to the plane of the horizon; at right angles to the vertical.
"a horizontal line"
synonyms: level, flat, plane, smooth, even; More
2.
merging companies that are engaged in the same stage or type of production.
"a horizontal merger"
noun
1.
a horizontal line, plane, etc.
 
Back
Top