Battery bolt size

Sam Mac_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Do any of you know the size of the bolts for the battery connections? I want to add a battery tender pig tail and I will need to buy some ring terminals for the ends. I have a few of the pig tails with the clamps and am going to cut them off and replace with ring ends so that I can hook the pig tail to the battery. Thanks in advance.
 
You can't take one out and look?

The head is 10mm, but I don't know the threaded shank size.
 
shank size 6 mm

in nearly all instances for metric the head is 4 mm larger than the shank. So if it takes a 10mm wrench it's a 6 mm shank.
 
Ahhh, good to know Ferret!
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can't take one out and look?

The head is 10mm, but I don't know the threaded shank size.
I could do that just didn't want to need to re-set the clock, just being lazy I guess. :beerchug:
The ferret_imp said:
shank size 6 mm

in nearly all instances for metric the head is 4 mm larger than the shank. So if it takes a 10mm wrench it's a 6 mm shank.
Thank you! :thanks:
 
I'm sure you already know this, but if you don't want to bodge your own set, you can buy pigtails with the ring terminals already installed for about $8. I didn't need longer screws when I installed mine.
 
ffcc2c376c1de3cf2bb74e52886fb301.jpg


Amazon.com
 
Back
Top