Bartlett Lake ride, again!

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had coffee with the gang at The Grotto in Cave Creek then wandered up to Bartlett (between more law enforcement presence and gravel on the road from a recent gully washer speeds were well within the sane limits).

In the 60's when I left the Grotto and pushing 80 when I road home with no breezes to speak of, very very pleasant.

I was looking for wild flowers to photograph and I also wanted to get to the top of a hill that was several hundred feet higher than I had reached before. So included a few landscape shots to give you an idea of the scale. :)

For starters; here is my ride to the lake.
[attachment=1130]From my previous personal high there is this saddle then a steep climb to the top, it's a ways. :)
A view from the top.
This shot shows the road way way down there. :)
 
Pretty land out there RBoe. That middle pic is stunning.

Btw did you see Hondahoarder's wife's new bike?
 
Great photos, mate. Thanks for sharing them.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ferret! Been a while since I've ridden the new V7 but it had major grin making mojo.

Now I really want to ride a 1400. Have not done that yet.
 
Thread starter
Just around the Phoenix area. I had to park the bike on the road and hoof it up the hillside by foot in the shots above. I'm pretty sure the EFI can handle any road in the US without issues.

I'm toying with the idea of riding up to Flagstaff next week, but that is only around 8000 feet or so.
 
Back
Top