Bart Factory

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well I got my Bart Factory tubeless wheel conversions back yesterday so I thought I would share a few pictures. The turnaround time was quite long but I was pleased with the end result.

The job is very nice and they offer a four year warranty on the work which I hope is a testament to the quality of the process. Yes, a little pricey compared to alternative self solutions, e.g. Outex or 3M tape solutions but I was willing to pay.

This morning I managed to nip out of work and get a couple of Bridgestone T31's fitted which were good value. I just need to get the wheels back on the bike now and use it for a commute to/from work to check them out.









 
Very interesting. Thanks for the photos...the job they did looks high quality. I wonder if they test them out by putting on tires to check for pressure loss before calling them done.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
That looks like a perfect job ! How much did this cost you ( without shipping ) ?
It was €110 (~ $130 USD) per wheel which includes a 21% sales tax (VAT). They fit a new valve too of course which is a metal stem.
pdedse_imp said:
Very interesting. Thanks for the photos...the job they did looks high quality. I wonder if they test them out by putting on tires to check for pressure loss before calling them done.
I would say they must test it somehow as the cost of reshipping and the times involved would make for a negative customer service experience.

I nearly went for new spokes too but decided that was a little too extravagant.
peterbaron_imp said:
Looks professional and quality job, Tev.
Yes, very pleased with them. Great to know I can plug a puncture on the side of the road if needed now.
 
They look great.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They do look Great!!

However comma ( :) ) They need to change the decal. That .it site does not work. For those interested, the site is Bart Factory Home page - Bart Factory
Yes, I guess they made their mold for the rubber before switching over to .com. In fairness to them it does redirect and once my tyre is on you can't see it :) They've just got to work on that label now! Well spotted, I never picked up on that. My guess
is they changed it when it looks like they were purchased by the RK Group in 2019. They have been around since 2006 but I had never heard of them until I joined this forum.
 
Thread starter
Well I got these fitted today and managed a short 20 mile round trip. I can't tell the difference between tubed or tubeless wheels of course but it is nice to know I can plug a puncture by the roadside should I need to now.

As for the T31 tyres - all I can say is WOW! I had the bike handling superbly on the OEM Dunlops but the Bridgestone T31's were in a different league. I know new tyres always feel better but these really changed how the bike handled, I was genuinely surprised, grinning ear to ear and really enjoying the ride. 10 out of 10 for T31's from me.

Just in case you think I am getting over excited about new tyres I put new tyres on my Daytona and Tiger recently too and they were nice to have but I didn't get a transformative ride with those as I did with this change on the CB.

 
That's awesome Tev. New rubber, especially rubber that performs above expectations is pure joy.

Tubeless rims - pretty well Bob's yer uncle now. I wonder if extra joy can be harvested if you jab a puncture in a T31 and then plug it. That would cover everything, might even justify a[nother] pint.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
That's awesome Tev. New rubber, especially rubber that performs above expectations is pure joy.

Tubeless rims - pretty well Bob's yer uncle now. I wonder if extra joy can be harvested if you jab a puncture in a T31 and then plug it. That would cover everything, might even justify a[nother] pint.
Hmm, no, that won't be happening! But another pint, yes, no justification required. :D:beerchug:
 
I would love to have the Bart tubeless conversion as it looks very professional but the shipping cost AND shipping time from the USA to Italy and back could be a long time , especially during the covid restrictions .
 
Thread starter
Enzofour_imp said:
I have been using Bartubeless for over a month and have always checked my pressure, never needed to restore.
Great to hear Enzofour :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
I have topped up my front and rear by a couple of PSI since going with BartFactory but no more than my regular tubeless bikes so they are working well for me. I found myself down a heavily rutted and potholed track the other day and the tyres (and suspension) got a good kicking, no problems at all. Very happy with the conversion.

Due to the new tyre tread depth between front and rear and/or tyre profile of the Bridgestone T31's I have been able to re-add some of my front preload giving me a little extra compression suspension travel on the forks. The bike was handling pin sharp as the bike must of regained a forward lean shortening the trail somewhat with the new tyres. I was able to take the front preload back in two rings and maintain great handling. Does anyone know the spring rate Honda use in the 2017MY EX forks out of interest?
 
Tev62_imp said:
Well I got these fitted today and managed a short 20 mile round trip. I can't tell the difference between tubed or tubeless wheels of course but it is nice to know I can plug a puncture by the roadside should I need to now.

As for the T31 tyres - all I can say is WOW! I had the bike handling superbly on the OEM Dunlops but the Bridgestone T31's were in a different league. I know new tyres always feel better but these really changed how the bike handled, I was genuinely surprised, grinning ear to ear and really enjoying the ride. 10 out of 10 for T31's from me.

Just in case you think I am getting over excited about new tyres I put new tyres on my Daytona and Tiger recently too and they were nice to have but I didn't get a transformative ride with those as I did with this change on the CB.
Which T31 tire sizes did you get for both front & rear?
Thanks
 
Back
Top