Barber Museum

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
We made a trip to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Alabama a few years ago. This place should be on everyone's must see list. The grounds and track are lovely and the museum is just spectacular. Motorcycles of every description beautifully displayed along with some fine vintage race cars. Plan on spending some time when you go as there is much to see.

7b7dc05deb0f88b8aed79198681e66c2.jpg


b466b9270a3008a085a2ef42685c600d.jpg


75f51f9fb7f07a68944aff3756b72714.jpg


9191ea1a0531ae322a24161a5503f419.jpg


891cd7da145b674ed1ab24b6e0eced9f.jpg


b81095e8c7deb5c38c946c6f61c6eefa.jpg


0af905c3116bc8b384b4ce99f84cc22c.jpg


b4b7d48b13f1ede1cc14523ca0125431.jpg


aae7761070209d292c517bf2ef32ae95.jpg

3abed7b88a62921888171e175648d5a0.jpg


3685f9cfcd757e50100cfc55d39672c0.jpg
 
Bit off topic, I can't see a single CB1100.

Just kidding, thanks for saving me several thousands of pounds and two weeks off work to take such lovely pictures myself.
 
Drooooool. I have got to get down there
 
I have been there many times and always go to the Barber Vintage Days.
I became a member last year and hope to be a volunteer this year.
 
Definitely a must-see for ANY motorcycle enthusiast. Visited 3 years ago and had a tingle up my leg. :D The only downside is that at the time, there wasn't an 83 CB1100F on display; neither a red or blue version.
At the time, I owned one of each. :thumbsup: :biker:
I've since learned/heard that they rotate models from time to time.
Seriously, the Barber Museum is heaven to us motorcyclists.
God Bless that man! :beerchug:
 
Inline4_imp said:
Definitely a must-see for ANY motorcycle enthusiast. Visited 3 years ago and had a tingle up my leg. :D The only downside is that at the time, there wasn't an 83 CB1100F on display; neither a red or blue version.
At the time, I owned one of each. :thumbsup: :biker:
I've since learned/heard that they rotate models from time to time.
Seriously, the Barber Museum is heaven to us motorcyclists.
God Bless that man! :beerchug:
So your saying you don't own either of them now?... DOh!
 
What a cool museum, now I know why people have a bucket list. Good photos and I wonder of the history behind the modified Kawasaki, certainly an exercise in casting and fabrication as was the Britten.
 
The same guy built that V8 Kawasaki and this V12 Kawasaki.

08c3c34b2fcef3cb110b534d2c10a204.
 
Those Kwakas are amazing.
 
I'll second the comments with a few more pictures....
This museum is World Class! If you haven't been there, it needs to get on your list...

daf3f3ab4cb673809a6c94b230a20327.jpg


86a5b4158ffd225e047f1077c08221ac.jpg


cc78c3386721595b264b29796fda0064.jpg


6ce301111f570ef0ef080065e5462c81.jpg


922a0b0c8e6abf5fe688fb4dacafb2cf.jpg


79e98d392cece9bd438f144991da7980.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
3170c087a595bf70850bc3c181e0fe1f.jpg


How Peter Fonda ever rode that thing I'll never know. I mean really, c'mon, NO FRONT BRAKE?!?!?!?
No movie studio would allow that now a days.
 
My 64 Sportster was the same, chopped, raked and no front brake. Just no USA flag paint scheme.

I thought the actual Capt Amercia bike was stolen?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
My 64 Sportster was the same, chopped, raked and no front brake. Just no USA flag paint scheme.

I thought the actual Capt Amercia bike was stolen?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They built 2 bikes for the movie... 1 was destroyed during the filming and you're right the other was stolen and to my knowledge never recovered. This one, per the sign at the museum, is an exact replica.
 
Back
Top