Bar End Weights

LoneWoof_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
They did such a nice job removing 90% of the buzz on my CBR650F that I thought, "what better place to spend my money". So, I added some extra-heavy, stainless steel bar ends to my CB. Made by HVMP Motorcycle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations they are of excellent quality and finish. Ordered them Sunday, and they are installed on the bike today, Wednesday.

I will come back with a full evaluation after a few miles and some opportunity to feel the results.
 
Used them on my 07 Moto Guzzi and they solved my vibration issue. Did you have to do any modification to stock bars on CB1100 to make them fit?
 
Thread starter
aschem_imp said:
Used them on my 07 Moto Guzzi and they solved my vibration issue. Did you have to do any modification to stock bars on CB1100 to make them fit?
No, they are made for Honda bikes with the half moon cut on the inside end. If you go to the website, they will guide you through the ordering process and match the bar ends to your specific bike.

Only thing they do not include is some blue thread lock. Very easy install.
 
Thread starter
So after a sustained ride (50+miles) of mixed back road and freeway I can only give a "significant" rating to the results of installing HVMP Bar End extra heavy weights. The quality and fitment of the bar ends is first rate, and they do suppress the buzz to a very tolerable level, but if you concentrate, you could still feel it.

What does not happen is any numbness or pain in either hand. I could easily ride for extended periods with no problems associated with the inherent buzz of a 4, so to that end it is a success. I don't think I will do it, since I have no buzz associated pain or numbness, but I could add Grip Ons to the bike, and reduce the minor issue even further.

Is the CB as smooth as my long ago sold BMW K75S?, NO, but neither was a BMW K100RS.

Bottom line, the CB is a fantastic bike, that rides and tracks much better than my K75S, and is a pleasure to own.
 
Thanks LoneWolf for your advice. Does the CB1100 have the typical Honda anti-vibration long tube Honda anti-vibration fitting that connects to the stock bar ends?
 
I removed my chrome ones and after a month decided i would never use them again . then ordered closed end grips and really enjoy the slimmer profile and seems like quicker response.
those things are heavy and just more weight up high to throw around , perhaps it is just me but i will never ever put them back on and do not feel any vibration to speak of , these are smooth engines.
 
Boy did this review start of one way and go another! Sounds like they did what they were supposed to do!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That's a REALLY nice conversion, use2b. It looks beautiful.
Exactly what I propose to do to mine when I get back to England.
 
Hey, even though no one asked how to remove Honda’s cartridges from the handlebar - I found on YouTube lot of mysteriousness in the process. So I wanted to show that It’s actually a very simple job, and you don’t need to break anything. You only need to push two pins, and it comes off. See pictures.

748ca76f813486232142c997e4dbec5d.jpg

eb61b74b3a03dc14f7c695b8b613fb61.jpg
d1be80adc6db4ac363ac45ebdb43d034.jpg
05421dce4e4f40a8533bdb38182f013c.jpg
14103df91eca25238288c961cb460cb6.jpg
61552679202b0f2396f1dc98d7b44c49.jpg
3ebe03b651252b1bba4bfd2b36b45903.jpg
30d98029b03b51c2a8c2c449dc943d00.jpg
 
Useful information, mrded. I see you've also posted it in the 'how to' section. Thanks.
 
the PO pulled the weights off my bike i plane to put them back on as it has more vibs then my 700
one thread said to run a cross brace so may try that as well
have had lots of work on my right hand and can not put up with buzzing
 
Did the PO remove the internal weights as well? I suspect they make more difference than the bar end weights.
 
Back
Top