Backfire in Seattle

As a Seattle native, I'd love to make it to a Backfire.
Mom still lives near Greenlake, and a sister near Northgate.
Ballard was my old stomping ground... back in the day, before it became "trendy" Ballard, ta ta!
Honda Lake City, know it well.

TINK of So Cal now!

PS
Used to drag race at Golden Gardens Park... back in the day.
 
That's a cool rack you have there!

Is it just me or does that BMW have a looong chain?

Two CB1100s--I have yet to see another in the wild.
 
Cool. That's a lot of bikes. What kind of event is it?

Next time leave a note on the seat that says "CB1100forum.com"
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cool. That's a lot of bikes. What kind of event is it?

Next time leave a note on the seat that says "CB1100forum.com"
Google "Backfire Ballard Photos"

You're Welcome!
 
Backfire#52 March 18th, 2015 0ur 7th year Spring Opener! 3rd Wednesday of each month. Located in Ballard (Seattle), Washington. Focus on cafe racer, rat bikes, vintage Motorcycles, vintage Scooters, vintage mopeds. NOT cruiser focused.

Hmmm guessing the Cruiser crowd is feeling slighted? Lol
 
I am usually at this event, I didn't make it this time because the man was keeping me down. Hope to see some folks next time.
 
If you see a guy at Backfire riding a black Ducati Diavel and looks like he needs a haircut, that would be my brother.
 
Thread starter
The Ferret- last May Gary posted a lot of great pics, search for "Backfire Moto".
Popgun- My partner really likes the back rest ( if you search "back rest" I have a couple of pics), and she thanked one of the many CB admirers for not calling it a sissy bar.
Holy666diver-I made those Knee pads from some thin rubber floor mat that we had left over at work. 1st cut up a bunch of paper shapes to see what size and pattern I wanted, then cut the rubber. I read on some other forum that 3m indoor/outdoor double stick tape worked well for tank pads, and they were right.

The next Backfire is tax day 4/15/15 if anyone wants to meet for a beer?
 
Ahh, I remember that thread. Even commented on it. Just forgot it was called Backfire
 
This is tonight and I will be there... hope to see other Seattle based CB1100 riders there too.

Btw... this is at the corner of Leary and 17th Ave NW in Ballard.
 
Thread starter
I was only there for 20 minutes or so-the sunny eve sure brought out the bikes! Sorry I missed you.
 
Back
Top