Back to Chrome

Ron in MO_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Ha! We have so many of the same afflictions, Ron!

As you may recall, I'm presently back into the chrome version, myself. I really love the sporty look of red front and rear fenders on mine, but there's just something about that blingy retro chrome that calls to me, too. I even put the K0 style Tiro seat and chrome grab-bar back on to complete the classic look.
The cool thing is, we can just swap parts back and forth for whatever look our mood dictates. :D

Great looking bike either way! :thumbsup:
Good point on the ability to use either look when we get into a mood for it. I think I've mentioned before that many of my personalization choices have been highly influenced by both your's and Chip Beck's CB's! Thanks for that!

I also added a chrome grab-bar, but still have two more changes that I'm working on. The first is getting a better chrome look on the turn signals. I've picked up some low priced plastic chrome ones online that I am experimenting with, but I'll probably order the 2014 CB1100 stock ones if these don't meet my expectations.

I'm a little more excited about the second change. I've been looking around for the perfect retro taillight to match the style of our bikes, but isn't too large. The current Lucas taillight I'm using (just like Chip's) is too sporty. After some research and a watchful eye, I've selected and ordered the complete stock taillight of the 2016 Yamaha SR400, which as you know is Yamaha's retro thumper bike. I think this taillight will give me the look I've been trying to accomplish, so watch for a post on this change when I complete it.
This is getting weird, Ron! I actually thought about that same taillight at one point! LOL

I never could make up my mind about it. I really liked its length front to rear, and its width side to side especially, but I couldn't decide if I liked the kind of "periscope" look it has from the side...in other words, kind of tallish looking in its height-to-width profile ratio, if you catch my meaning. This of course, is my opinion only - I'll be looking very forward to seeing how yours looks!

I also noticed that like me, you kept your black mirrors on when you went back to chrome. I know the original chrome lollipops would probably match all the chrome better, but I just love the looks of the black ones. :rolleyes:
 
I think the chrome looks amazing on the 13s and DLXs. On the other hand and in my not-so-humble and now very biased opinion, on the standard 14s with black engines, black wheels, black forks, the chrome is an out of place afterthought.

Ron, your bike looks great either way! :thumbsup:
 
This is like the engine color. I have black so I yearn for the silver. If I had silver, I'd prefer the black. The only solution is to have two bikes. :D

As far as fenders go, two of my bikes have painted or molded in color so chrome on the CB stays. It fits (even though I really like your red fenders on YOUR bike).

But hey, we all have a choice!
 
Count me in with the rest of the chrome fogies. To me it looks better with the bright 'n shiny fenders.

But it's nice that you can swap things out when you feel like it.
 
Papa I tried getting it in there but it's some kind of attachment that won't copy and paste. sorry
 
Papa, I seem to be on a bit of roll with editing forum pictures just at the moment, so I've inserted 64's picture for you.
 
Back
Top