Back rest for passenger?

17-CB-002

Been there
Thread starter
Is there a back rest available for the CB1100 (2017)?

My rear passenger kept complaining of back pain during the ride even though I lowered the spring tension.

She never had such complaint when we were on the CBX.

I've seen parcel rack available but not one combined with a backrest.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
Is there a back rest available for the CB1100 (2017)?

My rear passenger kept complaining of back pain during the ride even though I lowered the spring tension.

She never had such complaint when we were on the CBX.

I've seen parcel rack available but not one combined with a backrest.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks


Funny you mention that. My wife is complaining her back hurts as well- appears to be mainly from the jolt expansion joints and the like give to the bike.

I actually went in the other direction from you- I increased the preload by one click from stock to see if that would help.

My thinking is that we have very little suspension travel, and both of us together are well over the design weight for the bike. If we are already using most of the travel just by sitting on the bike- well.... :dodgy:

She said she didn't notice a difference and her back still hurt. I will admit that some of the cracks are quite an impact.

My next step is to buy Ikon shocks. I'm not expecting much difference since they are just many decades old shock design. Modern stuff would have not only compression and rebound, but low and high speed adjustments.

There are shocks made for other bikes that fit ours and would be better but they are #1- much more money, and #2- not visually fitting of the style of my bike.
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all for your suggetions
Hi PowerDubs,
How about using the rear shocks of a CB1100 RS instead of the icon?

Keep me posted.
Thanks
 
Because the RS shocks again are much more expensive, and don't fit the style of my bike. The icons with the chrome caps fit the bill as far as old-style look. I just placed the order for them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Maybe your rear passenger didn't complain about the ride on the CBX because that was 35 years ago! My wife didn't complain about the ride on my Super Hawk 305 40 years ago either! OK, wise guy stuff aside, I bought a Corbin Gunfighter-Lady seat for my CB1100 just to please my wife with a backrest. It's an expensive way to go but it was the only way she'd ride any distance at all with me. I got Ikon shocks for partly the same reason, though I enjoy the improved handling and she enjoys the gentler ride.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Because the RS shocks again are much more expensive, and don't fit the style of my bike. The icons with the chrome caps fit the bill as far as old-style look. I just placed the order for them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picture please after you installed the icons.
physics-teacher_imp said:
Maybe your rear passenger didn't complain about the ride on the CBX because that was 35 years ago! My wife didn't complain about the ride on my Super Hawk 305 40 years ago either! OK, wise guy stuff aside, I bought a Corbin Gunfighter-Lady seat for my CB1100 just to please my wife with a backrest. It's an expensive way to go but it was the only way she'd ride any distance at all with me. I got Ikon shocks for partly the same reason, though I enjoy the improved handling and she enjoys the gentler ride.
Would yo have a picture of the Corbin' seat with backrest?
 
Tell you what. If you go to Corbin.com you can get a picture of a cb1100 with the seat and backrest installed and you can even rotate the picture to see the bike from all different angles! Admittedly, the bike looks better without the backrest which is why I ordinarily keep mine off, but it installs in less than two minutes. My wife will not ride without it as the years have not been as kind to her joints etc as to mine.
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Because the RS shocks again are much more expensive, and don't fit the style of my bike. The icons with the chrome caps fit the bill as far as old-style look. I just placed the order for them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picture please after you installed the icons.
physics-teacher_imp said:
Maybe your rear passenger didn't complain about the ride on the CBX because that was 35 years ago! My wife didn't complain about the ride on my Super Hawk 305 40 years ago either! OK, wise guy stuff aside, I bought a Corbin Gunfighter-Lady seat for my CB1100 just to please my wife with a backrest. It's an expensive way to go but it was the only way she'd ride any distance at all with me. I got Ikon shocks for partly the same reason, though I enjoy the improved handling and she enjoys the gentler ride.
Would yo have a picture of the Corbin' seat with backrest?


Tracking # shows them arriving on Tuesday.
 
Back
Top