Maturecheese_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
This has been covered on this forum elsewhere so I'm not looking for advice on how to do it just where I can get the other half of this connector in the UK. I'll paste and copy my FB post to save typing it out again
see here
2017 CB1100EX Accessory Plugs
Going to fit a USB charger to my bike but what a palaver. I want to use the 12v ignition circuit supply in the headlight rather than run it to the battery but Honda do not supply a live plug to their blanking auxiliary 12v supply in the headlight casing. Oh no they expect you to but a £137 kit, yes really!
Obviously i can just buy a waterproof plug for £2 odd from amazon but it means cutting the current half a plug off and fitting a new one with around an inch of cable to play with in an awkward place. I will probably have to pull the loom out of the headlight shell to fit the new plug.
In the old days I would have just cut the plug off and twisted the wires together
see here
2017 CB1100EX Accessory Plugs
Going to fit a USB charger to my bike but what a palaver. I want to use the 12v ignition circuit supply in the headlight rather than run it to the battery but Honda do not supply a live plug to their blanking auxiliary 12v supply in the headlight casing. Oh no they expect you to but a £137 kit, yes really!
Obviously i can just buy a waterproof plug for £2 odd from amazon but it means cutting the current half a plug off and fitting a new one with around an inch of cable to play with in an awkward place. I will probably have to pull the loom out of the headlight shell to fit the new plug.
In the old days I would have just cut the plug off and twisted the wires together
