Aux Power Locations on my 2017 1100EX?

n8vyc_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello,

I would like to mount a dual USB power outlet on my bike and need to locate the aux power terminals for this bike. Reading a few threads people talk about it being in the headlight and be the battery/fuse box? Any help appreciated photos always help. I took a photo of my headlight insides if someone knows where I could tap power or use the aux connection I can't seem to find.

Thank you,
n8vyc...
 
It is the red connector
No voltage, key off
12 VDC, key on
 
Like Doc said, the red one on the bottom. It has a cap, just remove it to see the pins.

The other is back by the battery, under the tool box, in a boot. It will be a 4 wire connector on after ‘13 bikes. Not sure why yet as I haven’t bothered to look at the wiring diagram. May just be both switched and unswitched.
 
DBM_imp said:
How do you connect to the red plug?
1. Purchase connector from Honda
2. Replace connector with one of your choice
 
Thread starter
Thanks, cut it off and used a good weather proof solder connector worked great! I now have switched power on the bike handle bars. I added a battery tender connector to the battery as well. I added a Dart Marlin fly screen in the process which took some time getting the new 2017 brackets off pulling out the turn signal wires and threading them back into the headlight dish, but after a few hours I got it all back together. I also added some R&G exhaust skid brackets had to trim off the excess clamp they look a little cheap but if they keep it safe I will leave them on. Waiting on the R&G engine guards next. Thank You,

n8vyc...
 
DBM_imp said:
Anybody have the Honda part number for the plug?
No need going to the Honda dealer for this plug. I doubt a typical Honda parts person would want to bother figuring out what connector you need. My parts guy did not want to help me because he thinks I would void my CB's warrantee by plugging into that available and fused circuit in my headlight bucket! :huh:
I did exactly what Popgun recommended (cycleterminal.com) and it worked perfectly. see:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3268&pid=204534#pid204534
 
This is the connector I used that was in the kit I bought from the sited I posted above. Since they are offline for a while, Look here: 6187-2801 - Sumitomo | HM-2P - Corsa Technic | 2-Way Kit

Its kind of large, but works. Its a Sumitomo type sealed, HM90 series.

It shows 2 pins sizes. I don’t know which I have. Also it shows a Honda application part number. Might be the Honda connector part number.

I don’t remember if you need male or female pins. If you order the connector and the wrong pins are included, let me know. The kit I have came with 65 pins of each sex and I have used 2. I can send you a few if needed.
 
DBM and Popgun, They are male terminals. If you look at my link I provided, you can see the terminals and even the shipment receipt with the part number MT 090 MAL
 
Back
Top