Australian Moto GP **** SPOILER ALERT***

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
and our own Ptero will be there as our roving reporter.

Right now not looking so good for Rossi.. 9th FP2...Marquez 1st Lorenzo 2nd Vinales 3rd

Keep up with motoGP on

MotoGP.com

or

Crash.net
 
At least I'm in the same time zone and I can watch live on the TV this afternoon and tomorrow.
 
VR usually starts slow and there's still time to get sorted out. He was 0.6 seconds slower than Lorenzo in FP2. I'm hoping he makes the second row and Marquez slows Lorenzo.
 
Thread starter
The only time I have found it on so far is 12:30 am Sunday ( just after midnight Saturday) ch 219 Fox sports 1
 
For Australian forum members and viewers, there's free-to-air coverage on Network 10 from 12 noon today and from 12 noon or 1 pm tomorrow.

It won't be as good as being there with Pterodactyl, but one simply cannot have everything. More's the pity.
 
Marquez, Iannone and Lorenzo on 1st row. Rossi 3rd row starting 7th. Apparently Iannone and Lorenzo posted identical times.
 
15 minutes to the start of MotoGP at Phillip Island. Moto2 was an amazing race—plenty of action. Moto3 was OK too.
 
Well that was a truly fantastic race. Nail biting all the way. The sheer power of Ianone's Ducati nearly led to a great upset. It's a much faster bike on the straight. And what a finish.

As I can't put a spoiler alert in the subject, I'll say no more.
 
Thread starter
HOLY COW! What a race!

Put spoiler alert in title, so talk away
 
Iannone was awesome and truly deserved a podium. Marc broke his Phillips Island curse. I didn't think he stood a chance at the start of the last lap.

I'm saving this race on my DVR for the off-season. Worth watching again and again.
 
This season is one of the best, if not the best, I have ever seen, and I have been watching since the 70's. The level of the top riders is just incredible. And today was the best race of the season so far. That was breathtaking racing, and for having spent quite some time myself on this track it was even more so as I could feel how hard they were all pushing it.

That pass by Iannone on Rossi and Marquez through MG... I have no idea how he managed to make that work. Simply amazing.

Had it been a straight race between Rossi and Lorenzo, I actually think Rossi would have taken it. His pace early on to get with the race lead was unbelievable, and how all of them would bunch up on and off throughout. Seriously, I am still out of breath from watching that race.

Oh, and poor seagull! I was worried Iannone would have his visor all messed up from that one, but I guess he managed to get his head down enough to avoid smearing it...
 
Thread starter
Yes I was jumping up and down watching it. yelling at the TV. Was exhausted by the end. These guys are just superb. How they manage that pace through corners without smashing into one another is incredulous.

That bird strike was weird. Next time I go bird hunting I'm taking my son's Ducati lol
 
I watched the Moto2 and it was also an extraordinary race. There were lots of offs but the lead was also constantly changing and the leading group was similarly bunched. There was plenty of amazing slipstreaming on the straight. I confess I didn't expect the GP to be its equal but it was; it was better and a whole lot faster as well. Once Rossi got to 4th the other riders should have gone back to the pits and watched the master class on telly. I expected Lorenzo to do what he does when he gets in front: just stay there. For a while it seemed he would be helped by the other 3 fighting for second. But Marquez was simply not going to be stopped. He really is a most extraordinary rider.

Like Henrik, I thought the moment when Iannone passed Rossi and Marquez together truly breathtaking. The Ducati is an amazing machine. I noticed in one of the practice sessions it was a good 10 kph faster than the other bikes.

Nor, at the start of the final lap did I think Marquez could possibly win, although I confess I was hoping he would.
 
It was amazing! Darn bird! The way the four raced I was amazed nobody crashed taking out others. That Ducati has speed and power. Yamaha better find more horsepower.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
in 2013 Lorenzo got one


in 1996 Corser and Colin Edwards each got one in WSBK


 
Just got around to watching Moto3. Sixteen riders didn't make it to the end. Poor Danny Kent survived one rider hitting him in the rear only to be taken out a few laps later when Locatelli clipped his rear. Bastianini went down in that crash as well, and is out of contention. But the championship still up for grabs with race winner Oliveria now only 40 points behind. That's a lot to make up but anything can happen.

Eleven points separates Val and Jorge with 2 races to go!
 
It was an extraordinary race, wasn't it? Reflecting on it and the GP increases my admiration for the truly remarkable skill of those top four riders. They were going faster, fighting harder and yet never really looked liked knocking each other off.
 
Certainly the most exciting and entertaining race in many seasons. Reminded me of the battles between Rossi, Gibernau, Biaggi and Melandri years ago.
 
Back
Top