ATVs and dirt bikes stunters in DC

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Anybody else see on the news the hordes of ATV and dirt bike stunters on the streets of Washington DC? Packs of 50-60 pulling wheelies, doing donuts in traffic, speeding, weaving in and out of cars like the motorcycle stunters in New York and California taking over the roads.

Geesh :rolleyes:
 
A bunch of Amish hooligans no doubt. :)

I've heard mention of it happening in DC and to a lesser degree in Baltimore. Not sure what law enforcement is doing.
 
Thread starter
They said police was afraid to initiate a chase for fear of an innocent getting injured by fleeing quads
 
You'll see these in Philly too; maybe not in hordes of 50-60, but easily a dozen or two. The cops don't put much effort into stopping them, but I can certainly understand why. As soon as the lights go on, they scatter like cockroaches...over curbs, through alleys and backyards, places the cops simply cannot pursue them. I hate encountering them while out for a ride; checking my mirror and seeing some birdbrain on a dirt bike doing a wheelie 20 feet behind me. It makes my blood boil, but all I can do is pull over and let them pass.

What the cops need is a detainment net, deployable from the front bumper. They wouldn't catch them all, but nabbing one or two and impounding the bikes might serve as a small deterrent.
 
Wow....130 photos of these numbskulls, with most of them getting pretty good-quality shots.
Someone put a lot of time into that, I hope something comes of it.
 
Back
Top