ASWR Spec Chic Design Sport Trunk Seat

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just confirmed my order for my slightly customized Chic Design Sport Trunk Seat with Takashi. I wanted it to match the OEM tank and Road Comet II cowl by adding the black and silver striping.



Given that, I have decided to sell my Chip Beck Spec Corbin seat (for a DLX). For those not familiar, follow these links:

[URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/62707/]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5852&highlight=Chip+beck+spec


Chip Beck Spec Corbin Seat

I bought it off of AndyHe and sat on it for maybe 5 miles. Perfect condition. I'm asking $350 plus shipping. Will ship immediately.
 
Well you know the rules. Pics when you get it or it didn't happen... :)
 
I'm getting ready to buy a Corbin for my 2013. Any idea if it will work?
 
Chapomis_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
I'm getting ready to buy a Corbin for my 2013. Any idea if it will work?
No, I does not fit standards.
No, I does not fit standards.
I'm not sure what you mean by your comment, and you may be discouraging others from buying your seat. The Corbin seat was originally designed to fit the 2013 CB1100 which means it should fit the 2014 U.S. Standard and 2014 Canadian which have the same grab bar orientation and seat geometry as the 2013's. There is currently only one basic Corbin seat pan and seat design, but with several upholstery options.

The same Corbin also fits the 2014 DLX but does not follow the grab bars as closely as it was not specifically designed for that model. The back of the seat's lower edge rises away from the grab bar, but the attachment points are all the same. So, if anything, the Corbin may fit on the 2014 DLX, but does not complement the "lines" as well as it does on the 2013, 2014 Standard or 2014 Canadian model.
 
OK then I'd like to buy it. I will send a pm.
 
Thread starter
Not to be argumentative Gumby, as I am no expert on the different CB models, but I have always been under the impression that DLX tanks are longer.
 
Nope, just taller.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
Not to be argumentative Gumby, as I am no expert on the different CB models, but I have always been under the impression that DLX tanks are longer.
As Randy B stated, you will find that the 2014 DLX tank is a little taller, not longer. If you check the Corbin website, you will see that they only make one model seat which was designed for the 2013. They did not make a second version just to fit the 2014 DLX as the 2013 seat fits adequately, albeit with the rear grab rail gap issues (the same gap issues that exist with the Chic Trunk Seat on a 2014 DLX).

I also understand that the stock pleated Honda seat on the 2014 DLX is interchangeable with the smooth 2013 seat and visa versa, so the larger tank volume was not accomplished by lengthening it.
 
Thread starter
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
Not to be argumentative Gumby, as I am no expert on the different CB models, but I have always been under the impression that DLX tanks are longer.
As Randy B stated, you will find that the 2014 DLX tank is a little taller, not longer. If you check the Corbin website, you will see that they only make one model seat which was designed for the 2013. They did not make a second version just to fit the 2014 DLX as the 2013 seat fits adequately, albeit with the rear grab rail gap issues (the same gap issues that exist with the Chic Trunk Seat on a 2014 DLX).

I also understand that the stock pleated Honda seat on the 2014 DLX is interchangeable with the smooth 2013 seat and visa versa, so the larger tank volume was not accomplished by lengthening it.
As Randy B stated, you will find that the 2014 DLX tank is a little taller, not longer. If you check the Corbin website, you will see that they only make one model seat which was designed for the 2013. They did not make a second version just to fit the 2014 DLX as the 2013 seat fits adequately, albeit with the rear grab rail gap issues (the same gap issues that exist with the Chic Trunk Seat on a 2014 DLX).

I also understand that the stock pleated Honda seat on the 2014 DLX is interchangeable with the smooth 2013 seat and visa versa, so the larger tank volume was not accomplished by lengthening it.
Thanks Gumby and Randy. I guess that's settled and Kenny will have a Corbin seat in a week !
 
Chapomis,

Its too far out for me to know yet. I hope so though.

Well unless Ptero is going to be there planting smuggled Hubris oil on bikes like he did to Cormanus last year at the cop stop :)

Oh yeah, that seat looks great!
 
I really like it and even with the back fender etc. I know many people would go with painted fenders front and rear with that look. Pretty cool especially with the fairing.
 
Love the seat. Just sent the link for it to a friend who is considering changing the seat on his CB1100.

So...will you be replacing this seat with the conventional seat and rear rack on longer trips?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
That looks great Chapomis!
Thanks Ferret. I'm now looking at the "ChicDesign:Short rear fender/small taillight", but I need to see if I can find a picture of one with the trunk seat. The one on Samurider is only of the rear end. Do you recall if anyone with a trunk seat has added the short fender ?
CB1100DLX_imp said:
That is nice! How big is the trunk inside?
Hard to say, but its what you see less the dome of the seat pan, which I would say is about an inch high. The cool thing that I didn't realize till I installed it is that when you unlock and remove the seat portion you have direct access to the box above the battery as well as the trunk portion. So between the two, I would venture to say that they would hold as much as small to medium tank bag.
drodg58_imp said:
I really like it and even with the back fender etc. I know many people would go with painted fenders front and rear with that look. Pretty cool especially with the fairing.
I really like the look of the painted fenders and have considered them, but one of the things that I feel adds to the bikes retro look are the chrome fenders, so I think I will go with chrome for the rear short fender.
EmptySea_imp said:
Love the seat. Just sent the link for it to a friend who is considering changing the seat on his CB1100.

So...will you be replacing this seat with the conventional seat and rear rack on longer trips?
The rack only takes about 15 minutes to install, so that will always be an option. But if I change to the short rear fender the taillight might be dangerously ineffective. I don't really do overnight trips. But I were to, I would lift the whole trunk seat, throw saddle bags over (that I bought used on the Forum the other day :banana:) and snap the seat back on. It might not look real cool, but it will get the job done if it becomes necessary.
 
Doesn' CB4ME have the short fender and light and maybe the cafe seat as well. Hmmm he just posted a new pic up somewhere the other day. May e Geezer too. Look at his avatar.

CB4ME has different seat but fenders you are looking for I think
2015”Upgrades”

Nope, Geezer has a short chrome fender and small light
Cover Pic

Personally I like the long chrome fenders
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ferret, those pics are exactly what I was looking for. I do like what I have, that and my Farkle Jar is down to pennies :(
 
Back
Top