Assen Motogp *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Sweet.... yea I meant to remind Fox Sports 1 ch 219 on my TV pre race 7:30 race 8-9 on Saturday this week not Sunday
 
Rounding out the top 10:

Rossi
A Espargaro
Marquez
Pedrosa
P Espargaro
Iannone
Crutchlow
Lorenzo
Vinales
Dovizioso
 
Thread starter
Should be a good race. It will be interesting to see if Aleix Espargaro will have a race pace to mirror his qualifying time. He may not be on the front row but Lorenzo will be the one to watch I think.
 
Lorenzo is not that good lately at knifing thru the pack. Of course Rossi is a terrible starter. Watch for Marquez and Pedrosa to dominate this one.
 
I hope you're right, but Honda's woes are far from over. They are stuck with difficult engine for the rest of the year. Marc Is using the 2014 frame which is less precise but more forgiving than the 2015 frame. Meanwhile the Yamaha platform is running on all cylinders. If Rosso gets a decent start from pole, he should have good pace and tires for the entire race.
 
I hope Rossi wins actually as I don't think either Honda rider has a chance at the title and I'd like to see Rossi get his 10th
 
Thread starter
It would be a delight to see the old man get his tenth. Another former Motogp rider is making his reappearance in WSB, Max Biaggi is in his mid 40's I think and did quite well in his comeback ride last weekend on an Aprilia.
 
redbirds_imp said:
It would be a delight to see the old man get his tenth. Another former Motogp rider is making his reappearance in WSB, Max Biaggi is in his mid 40's I think and did quite well in his comeback ride last weekend on an Aprilia.
I love the irony of most of us referring to Valentino as 'the old man'. :D
 
All that motocross practice pays off. Rossi is not afraid of running off the track.. Leguna Seca 2012? comes to mind ..ask Stoner lol
 
Well that was a good place to run off. Not enough gravel to get too badly out of shape before returning to the tar. What a rider!! Just went for the finish line. When I saw him run off I thought it was all over. Couldn't believe it when he reappeared. I am sure these two will do more one on ones before the season is over. I have my tickets to PI and can only hope for a race like that.

Cheers
And goodnight all
 
What I don't understand, strategy wise, is why Marquez tried to go under Rossi there? With a sharp left turn following you'd think he would have waited 1 more turn and tried to go under in the left hander instead of being on the outside which is where he ended up in the next turn. If it had been a right hander following it would have been a brilliant move, but with the left hand turn next it played right into Rossi's favor..

Also Rossi was lucky in that it was a left hander as since he was bumped wide it set him up perfectly for an exit to the left.
 
Ferret, that is a classic passing place at Assen. By getting first through that right hand part of the chicane you are placed to get the inside of the left hander and sprint to the finish line. Trying to pass in the last part is really not possible.
 
ahh thanks Henrik. Seems like you'd have to cross completely in front of the guy on the left going into that turn. May have just been TV angle?
 
Current standings:

1 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 163
2 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 153
3 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 107
4 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 89
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 87
6 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 77
7 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 57
8 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 56
9 Maverick VIÑALES Suzuki SPA 52
10 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 47

Two weeks to the Sachsenring!
 
Back
Top