ASAHI police panniers

Lambotte_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Has anyone purchased the ASAHI Police Panniers for their CB 1100 yet? They are not the biggest but appear to fit the bike very well. If someone has can you give your impression and submit some images? Thanks.

Kevin
 
Lambotte_imp said:
Has anyone purchased the ASAHI Police Panniers for their CB 1100 yet? They are not the biggest but appear to fit the bike very well. If someone has can you give your impression and submit some images? Thanks.

Kevin
I am also interested in any info on same luggage.
 
I tried googling them last night and came up with squat. Where are you guys seeing these?
 
Ahh, thanks. How can you go wrong?, they are officially chosen by "police bikers" lol
 
Thread starter
I have always liked the way the old krauser style cases fit on the BMW airheads. The asahi cases have a similar vintage appearance and look like they are made for the cb. I may just have to be the guinea pig for the group.


Kevin
 
Those sure look good. Does that $900+ price tag include all the hardware to mount them?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Lambotte_imp said:
I have always liked the way the old krauser style cases fit on the BMW airheads. The asahi cases have a similar vintage appearance and look like they are made for the cb. I may just have to be the guinea pig for the group.


Kevin
I believe you must relocate the rear turn signals, right? Not such a easy bolt on project, if I am correct about the turn signals.
 
Thread starter
xpacpal1x_imp said:
Lambotte_imp said:
I have always liked the way the old krauser style cases fit on the BMW airheads. The asahi cases have a similar vintage appearance and look like they are made for the cb. I may just have to be the guinea pig for the group.


Kevin
I believe you must relocate the rear turn signals, right? Not such a easy bolt on project, if I am correct about the turn signals.
I believe you must relocate the rear turn signals, right? Not such a easy bolt on project, if I am correct about the turn signals.
Correct. PLOT sells a nice relocation kit that takes them down to the level of the license plate. I do not like the way hepco and becker relocate the lights (almost together and just behind the tail light.

Kevin
 
Sorry to necro an old thread, but does anyone know whether these cases are easily removable and what kind of hardware stays behind when they do get removed? These seem to be the only gloss black cases for CB1100 out there.
 
736cc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I tried googling them last night and came up with squat. Where are you guys seeing these?
http://www.samurider.com/?p=12785
other pics here
af|旭精器製作所
http://www.samurider.com/?p=12785
other pics here
af|旭精器製作所
They're tempting.

But...samurairider. How can you know what the cost is? How can you know compatibility? If there's a problem...does anyone at the other end speak English?

Not the first time I've seen nice farkles on that site. But when the price is given only in a foreign currency...I have to wonder how it will all go.
 
See this thread: Samurider Paniers-review + pictures
You can ask tomas about them since he has them.

As far as prices, you can get a quote from Mr. T He writes English very well and will give cost plus shipping cost. I have ordered stuff from Samurider (Mr. T) and I have been very pleased with the service and the articles I have received.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
736cc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I tried googling them last night and came up with squat. Where are you guys seeing these?
http://www.samurider.com/?p=12785
other pics here
af|旭精器製作所
http://www.samurider.com/?p=12785
other pics here
af|旭精器製作所
They're tempting.

But...samurairider. How can you know what the cost is? How can you know compatibility? If there's a problem...does anyone at the other end speak English?

Not the first time I've seen nice farkles on that site. But when the price is given only in a foreign currency...I have to wonder how it will all go.
JPT, Samurider is a sponsor of this forum. He also has a nifty feature on his site to give you an indication of the price in your currency. Finally, have a hunt around the forum; I can't recall any comments about the service from Samurider that were negative. Mr T is highly regarded by many of your countrymen as a source of quality farkles.
 
I purchased a rear carrier but later saw these very panniers on this site (the thread is above) and changed my mind from rear carrier to panniers.
So this very timely as I'm just in the process of ordering/buying these from Mt T right now-today in fact.
I recommend you read the thread above, and email Mr. T who is very professional and helpful.
 
I should do that.

I just got word, this morning...my layoff will be extended.

Company's cutting WAY back; and now they figure it will be three months plus.

I do want those cases. Your endorsement of Mr. T means something.

But...I'm starting to get concerned. I may be out of a job now. Just paying off the CB will be a problem; buying stuff...no.

Maybe this will clear up in the weeks ahead.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I should do that.

I just got word, this morning...my layoff will be extended.

Company's cutting WAY back; and now they figure it will be three months plus.

I do want those cases. Your endorsement of Mr. T means something.

But...I'm starting to get concerned. I may be out of a job now. Just paying off the CB will be a problem; buying stuff...no.

Maybe this will clear up in the weeks ahead.
very sorry to hear that..i hope things clear up soon and the layoff isnt as bad or as long as its purported to be? and, hopefully you can get the panniers soon..
all the best to you.
 
JPT, what awful news for you. I hope the lay off is short or that something else comes along.
 
Back
Top