Arrow slip on mufflers

DougsZ28_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just bought a 17 cb1100ex that has the Arrow slip on mufflers and I think nothing else cause it was to quiet! Question: Will this affect the A/F ratio or will the computer fix that?
 
The computer does not adjust.

It will run fine- but for best results- smoothest running and most power- adjusting is always the answer.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
The computer does not adjust.

It will run fine- but for best results- smoothest running and most power- adjusting is always the answer.
When you say adjusting is always the answer, by putting on a PC5 or having it dyno'ed? Or both?
 
I have the Arrow slip-ons on my 2017, has no effect except a little louder. Mine runs fine, no lean/rich spots noticed, really no discernable difference from stock. If you didn't dyno it and install a PC5 on it stock, how would you really know what changes (if any) there were? I wouldn't spend the money on a PC5 or dyno time on mine.
 
DougsZ28_imp said:
Thanks for the advice, it does seem a waste of money to do all that and gain nothing.
Thanks again!
Another option is using a tuner company. I used Guhl. I know they have a tune for your setup.
 
With Catalytic convertors upstream on modern bikes rear slip-ons can make little difference, with or without baffles. My rear Arrow on my Triumph Tiger is like an empty pipe all the way through, the vast majority of the noise cancellation is done at the collector. I can't even tell a sound difference over the stock bike slip-on, it is lighter, that is all.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
That’s not true. The staintune makes the bike sound great- and a nice power gain.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is why I said "can".
 
Does a slip on exhaust increase horsepower?
Slip-on systems are the cheaper option and offer great value for the amount you spend. They basically just replace the stock muffler of the bike and are a popular upgrade for sportbikes. ... On an average, the slip-on can increase your horsepower by 5% while reducing the weight of your bike by pounds. Feb 12, 2016

Slip-on vs Full System Motorcycle Exhausts - SoloMotoParts.com

For a CB a 5% gain would be in the neighborhood of 4 1/4 HP

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5032

Excerpt from thread above:

I seem to recall the highest HP anyone has gotten on this board was in the neighborhood of 92 HP but I couldn't find it. I found it

Fuzzy reported 92.4 Post 26 (13 air box mod, PC, Yosh pipe)

Honda CB1100 Forum

I think HondaHoarder reported right at 80 (stock 2013)

Honda CB1100 Forum

Hikertoo reported 83 post 9 (13 with Staintune, PC and reflash?)

Honda CB1100 Forum

12CB96vfr reported 88 (13 Two-Bros slip on, K&N, and the PCV.)

Honda CB1100 Forum

Motorcycle,com got 81.5 (stock 13)

Two Brothers Racing got 90.5 with their pipe (83 stock)

all different days, different weather, different dynos btw


Since I made this post in 2015 I think 2 members have topped 100 HP but both required extensive work, way more than just a slip on.
 
It depends on the electros. Is it a closed-loop or open-loop system? Closed loops required an oxygen sensor in the exhaust, and they will adjust as the engine runs. Open loop systems have no feedback to the ECU, and therefore do not adjust fuel/air parameters. This is a broad-stroke picture and I'm sure other members will chime in.
 
The staintune muffler by itself on an otherwise stock bike- without anything else- makes about 5-6 whp and 3-4 wtq, and that is honest conservative #'s.

Here is a chart of my bike when completely stock other than just the staintune mufler (no fueling, no ign, nada- just muffler) and how it sits now.

If anyone else has put down 100whp, I haven't seen it- please link me to it. I've seen several close- 97-98... but no cigar. :)


c8d7d49190c98cf80976cca41aeb6df7.jpg

Charlie Bravo_imp said:
It depends on the electros. Is it a closed-loop or open-loop system? Closed loops required an oxygen sensor in the exhaust, and they will adjust as the engine runs. Open loop systems have no feedback to the ECU, and therefore do not adjust fuel/air parameters. This is a broad-stroke picture and I'm sure other members will chime in.


To take this a step further- our bikes do indeed come with an O2 sensor from the factory BUT it is narrow band- it only tells the ECU if we are over or under stoich. It doesn't read how much above or below- simply +/- It is just for emissions, and does NOT tune the bike or have any affect when changing things like exhaust or airbox mods.

That's where the autotune box option for the power commander comes into play- it adds a wide band O2 sensor that constantly monitors air fuel to a precise level and the power commander then adjusts the bikes fueling at all RPM and throttle positions to the exact parameter you tell it to.
 
didn't beardyweirdy over in England break 100HP? Thought I read that in a write up by a magazine he posted about his bike.
 
ahh that's the one. OK, I was mistaken. Only ONE bike has made 100 hp... Go Dubs!
 
103 wheel hp, 75+ wheel tq.

So depending on what you use as a drivetrain loss, lets say somewhere from 10% to 15%- somewhere between 115-120 engine horsepower if you want to roughly compare to other bikes advertised brochure power.

I'm proud of that, no doubt.

The bike pretty much makes the TQ at the wheel at all RPM that the stock bike does peak at the crank. Docile until you punch it.



a3d9cf4a598a1fe554fd54a54110cac4.jpg
 
Back
Top