Arrow slip on, amazing!

Guth_imp said:
The ferret raises a good point. If I'm being totally honest, I suppose that I was disappointed in both the level of noise and the overall tone of the stock exhaust, lol. I like to be able to hear some feedback from my bike while riding and I sure wasn't getting much of that with the stock exhaust.

While I wouldn't call the Staintune exhaust on the CB1100 "loud" (it certainly sounds tame compared to sport bikes for example), no doubt it is surely measurably louder than the stock exhaust. Of course that isn't saying much. Other than db levels, which are measurable, everything else is subjective as ferret has pointed out.

One of the most subjective categories of all is riding pleasure. I can't measure riding pleasure in a way that allows me to put a number on it. Fortunately, I don't need measurements to know that the riding pleasure I get from my CB1100 increased noticeably with the addition of the Staintune.

Hope you enjoy the Arrow unit Nemo!
I hope so too, Guth :thanks:
 
I hope you do too Nemo. I'm thinking you will.

The other night my wife and I had just gone to bed. I turned out the lights and laid there for a minute in the dark, just relaxing, letting the pressures of the day slip away. All of a sudden I thought I heard something. I turned to her and whispered " Hon, did you hear that tone?" :rofl:

sorry couldn't help myself
 
The ferret_imp said:
I hope you do too Nemo. I'm thinking you will.

The other night my wife and I had just gone to bed. I turned out the lights and laid there for a minute in the dark, just relaxing, letting the pressures of the day slip away. All of a sudden I thought I heard something. I turned to her and whispered " Hon, did you hear that tone?" :rofl:

sorry couldn't help myself
As long as it's all tune and no stain, no problem.

Cheers, and just couldn't help myself.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I hope you do too Nemo. I'm thinking you will.

The other night my wife and I had just gone to bed. I turned out the lights and laid there for a minute in the dark, just relaxing, letting the pressures of the day slip away. All of a sudden I thought I heard something. I turned to her and whispered " Hon, did you hear that tone?" :rofl:

sorry couldn't help myself
HA!! A funny Ferret!! :worship: Love it!! :rofl: Did she say "it was just a sound, honey. Go back to sleep" ?

:thanks: for the wishes!
 
Nemo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I hope you do too Nemo. I'm thinking you will.

The other night my wife and I had just gone to bed. I turned out the lights and laid there for a minute in the dark, just relaxing, letting the pressures of the day slip away. All of a sudden I thought I heard something. I turned to her and whispered " Hon, did you hear that tone?" :rofl:

sorry couldn't help myself
HA!! A funny Ferret!! :worship: Love it!! :rofl: Did she say "it was just a sound, honey. Go back to sleep" ?

:thanks: for the wishes!
No, I suspect she said, 'Don't make jokes like that; it a-noise me!'

And then she fell sound asleep.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Nemo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I hope you do too Nemo. I'm thinking you will.

The other night my wife and I had just gone to bed. I turned out the lights and laid there for a minute in the dark, just relaxing, letting the pressures of the day slip away. All of a sudden I thought I heard something. I turned to her and whispered " Hon, did you hear that tone?" :rofl:

sorry couldn't help myself
HA!! A funny Ferret!! :worship: Love it!! :rofl: Did she say "it was just a sound, honey. Go back to sleep" ?

:thanks: for the wishes!
No, I suspect she said, 'Don't make jokes like that; it a-noise me!'

And then she fell sound asleep.
BOOM!! :rofl: You better tone it down, Cormanus! :rofl:
 
Still waiting for my Arrow... I guess Revzilla really meant the part about "3-5 weeks for shipping" :-/

The whole chipbeckfication project is on hold because of this. :(
 
Nemo_imp said:
Still waiting for my Arrow... I guess Revzilla really meant the part about "3-5 weeks for shipping" :-/

The whole chipbeckfication project is on hold because of this. :(
It's actually on a ship.
 
redbirds, I'd really like to know if yours power wheelies with the arrow. I wouldn't "clutch up" my bike for anything, but if it power wheelied... I'd probably, well, I won't say it here... :)
 
So Nemo...how's she sound?
 
The ferret_imp said:
So Nemo...how's she sound?
Beautiful! I really like having the versatility of keeping or not the DB killer (silencer). For zipping through town and make girls get their eyes off their Iphone screens: silencer out. To go on my long, peaceful Sunday morning rides: stealth mode engaged.

I don't know how to describe the change but in actor voices comparison. With the factory muffler the bike had the voice of Ben Affleck; average, not bad but unremarkable. With the suppressed Arrow it sounds like Sean Connery, deep and classy. With the silencer off it turns into James Earl Jones: it speaks, you listen.
:cool:
 
Nemo_imp said:
Still waiting for my Arrow... I guess Revzilla really meant the part about "3-5 weeks for shipping" :-/

The whole chipbeckfication project is on hold because of this. :(
I like that comparison. :thumbsup:
 
Nemo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
So Nemo...how's she sound?
Beautiful! I really like having the versatility of keeping or not the DB killer (silencer). For zipping through town and make girls get their eyes off their Iphone screens: silencer out. To go on my long, peaceful Sunday morning rides: stealth mode engaged.

I don't know how to describe the change but in actor voices comparison. With the factory muffler the bike had the voice of Ben Affleck; average, not bad but unremarkable. With the suppressed Arrow it sounds like Sean Connery, deep and classy. With the silencer off it turns into James Earl Jones: it speaks, you listen.
:cool:
Beautiful! I really like having the versatility of keeping or not the DB killer (silencer). For zipping through town and make girls get their eyes off their Iphone screens: silencer out. To go on my long, peaceful Sunday morning rides: stealth mode engaged.

I don't know how to describe the change but in actor voices comparison. With the factory muffler the bike had the voice of Ben Affleck; average, not bad but unremarkable. With the suppressed Arrow it sounds like Sean Connery, deep and classy. With the silencer off it turns into James Earl Jones: it speaks, you listen.
:cool:

I liked that comparison so much that it made me pull a trigger on one few days ago. Hope it is worth the money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top