Arrow Exhaust / PC V Installed

JF Coastal_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Installed an arrow exhaust slip on this weekend, and had a PC V installed and had the shop Dynotune and create a custom map for my bike this weekend. Might have been overkill having them do the dynotune since I haven't modified the bike much yet. But they were pretty convincing . Picked up the bike last night, it's running and sounding great !! I'll post pictures up soon.
 
Cool. Those that have the arrow exhaust seem to really like them.
 
Thread starter
I will definitely post the graph. I'll have to get it from my home and scan it at the office. Give me a day or so. Hopefully tomorrow morning, i'll get it up for you.

Aschem, you will love your arrow exhaust.! took about 10 minutes total to install without even looking at directions. Super simple. I suggest taking out the baffle. But it sounds great with it in as well. You need "C" clamp pliers to get it out. or needle knows pliers with pretty small tips.
 
Thread starter
Barely understand the chart, but here it is. Bike runs great though, I'm thrilled. Dyno guy says he wasn't after maximum HP, just trying to get it to run at best performance and torque.

478f6875fd9b3eb37b173091bf14e5aa.jpg
 
I dont understand the bottom chart but 90 HP and 76 ft lbs are good numbers. You have a very strong CB 1100
 
Thread starter
The air fuel ratio ? The way he explained it to me, was that 13.5 is the ideal air fuel ratio. Below the red dashed line is the bike running lean, above the line it would be running rich. Blue is before tune, Red is after tune.

I could have it all wrong, although, I do believe i'm right.

Either which way, I'm getting everything I want out of my CB1100 and now I'm fairly confident it's set up right too !!
 
If you ever get time, and can connect your PCV to a computer, export the file and you can see what tweaks they did to the PCV as compared to OEM.
Below one is what comes loaded on the PCV for a CB1100
98a87582640c3da74342cc1cd86f6775.jpg
 
Note that Arrow has posted a dyno chart for the CB1100 stock, with slip-on and with baffle removed. With the baffle in, horsepower is very close to stock. With baffle removed, you get a small gain right at the top.

I am happy with the Arrow, because I was looking to save weight and make just a little more noise.

I don't want to add PCV if I do not have to. They require blocking the O2 sensor, which defeats the stock ECU ability to adjust air/fuel ratio. I like my 56mpg on the highway.

If you want to make a lot more power, you have to remove the cat. Arrow does make a nice looking header with no cat.
 
I installed a Yoshimure RS3 slipon on my 2014 standard. No need for a PC V unless I'm changing out the head pipe without a cat and changing to a K&N or more free flowing air filter. The stock ecu is more than capable for compensating the air fuel ratio on today's fuel injected bikes with just a slip on installed.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
I installed a Yoshimure RS3 slipon on my 2014 standard. No need for a PC V unless I'm changing out the head pipe without a cat and changing to a K&N or more free flowing air filter. The stock ecu is more than capable for compensating the air fuel ratio on today's fuel injected bikes with just a slip on installed.
I am sorry, but i do have a question to your statement .... how does the stock ECU know that there is aftermarket slip on installed, especially, if the O2 sensor is before the cat ... ? Or in other words, an after market slip on is good for sound and weight saving, but unless you change the fuel mapping, nothing will change the HP/Torque output.
Not sure if our detuned 1100 motor really cares about having less "back pressure from the exhaust " .... when there is still the cat between ....:heart::heart::heart::heart:
 
There is still less restriction and more flow regardless of the cat being there. The ecu will compensate in open loop. Not so much in closed loop. The diffrence is not great but yes there is a diffrence and the air fuel ratio will change. Its much more prevalent with no restrictive cat and a after market air filter which will really open it up and make the bike run lean in which case you would need the fuel processor.
 
Thread starter
Anyways.... I'm loving the new setup. All of this conversation is over my head, bike is performing great even if the mod was necessary or not. Here's a new photo. If anyone is interested in seeing.. I also, just got done installing the fender eliminator kit and some new rear turn signals.


c773d330eb80a2233e7f3a39b1333815.jpg
 
Back
Top