Arkansas Grand Canyon

dbarkdoll_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Here are some shots from today’s ride. The loop highlighted in blue is around 165 miles, and passes through some absolutely stunning Arkansas scenery. I was not able to get any pictures of the canyons that really would have done them justice, it truly is something you have to see firsthand. That, and I was having WAY too much fun carving up these roads to pull over and pull my phone out, lol. Anyway, 350 miles all in all for the day. My back is sore, my tummy needs beer, but I’d do it all again tomorrow in a heartbeat. :biker:
 
So envious. What a day it must have been. Great pics
 
Great pictures and, having experienced it firsthand, I would agree that it's difficult to full capture the full magnificence of the canyon in a picture or two. I've been fortunate enough to ride most, maybe all, of the roads you highlighted. They are some of the finest motorcycling roads I have seen. Thanks for sharing. Hope you found that beer. :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
So envious. What a day it must have been. Great pics
Thank you!! But trust me, these pics are rubish compared to the real thing.
EmptySea_imp said:
Great pictures and, having experienced it firsthand, I would agree that it's difficult to full capture the full magnificence of the canyon in a picture or two. I've been fortunate enough to ride most, maybe all, of the roads you highlighted. They are some of the finest motorcycling roads I have seen. Thanks for sharing. Hope you found that beer. :beerchug:
Oh, I found a few. :beerchug:
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
So envious. What a day it must have been. Great pics
Thank you!! But trust me, these pics are rubish compared to the real thing.
EmptySea_imp said:
Great pictures and, having experienced it firsthand, I would agree that it's difficult to full capture the full magnificence of the canyon in a picture or two. I've been fortunate enough to ride most, maybe all, of the roads you highlighted. They are some of the finest motorcycling roads I have seen. Thanks for sharing. Hope you found that beer. :beerchug:
Oh, I found a few. :beerchug:
Thank you!! But trust me, these pics are rubish compared to the real thing.

The Ferret knows the real thing




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If I had to guess, I'd say on AR7 south of Jasper, but I think physics-teacher was leading that day, so I a) I wasn't taking taking notes and b) it was all I could do to keep him in sight, much less read the road signs.
 
Thread starter
Well, you can’t throw a rock in that part of the state and not have it land on an incredible road, so I’m sure it was great and that I will find it one day.
 
The late physics-teacher (he was killed in a bike crash not long after our CB1100 rally) planned a bunch of routes which I, with the help of InHouseBob, printed on card stock for the rally-goers. I have them in pdf. If you want me to send them to you, PM me.
 
beautiful scenery and sorry to hear about physics-teacher , RIP

only got to see the Grand Canyon by air as a the plane i was in dropped down from altitude to let us get a look . was so nice of that pilot
 
Stunning pictures of Arkansas :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just when I think I know quite a bit about the geography of North America, somebody sends a post like that and shows me that I had no idea Arkansas had such lovely topography.
As I wait out the Canadian winter, posts like that help to warm me up :D :D :D
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
Stunning pictures of Arkansas :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just when I think I know quite a bit about the geography of North America, somebody sends a post like that and shows me that I had no idea Arkansas had such lovely topography.
As I wait out the Canadian winter, posts like that help to warm me up :D :D :D
It surprises me just about everyday! :D
memphismike_imp said:
Arkansas has some outstanding riding....and fortunately within a few hours, I can be there from Memphis!
Come on over! :biker:
 
Back
Top