Argentina! MotoGP Race 3

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Completely rebuilt track - just under 3 miles long with major elevation changes. First Practice starts today.

0209763a7526f7c23d56bbe0a9b76294.jpg


The paddock girls encourage you to watch:

9c2ac25c8d9e1bf2e6e0032660e89b62.jpg


These two young ladies in particular:

b192a6ebce6305bd4a32bcb796889777.jpg
 
Gauchos :thumbsup:

Anyhow its on ch 219 Sunday at 12:30-2:00 my time on direct TV

(will have to get my brother to record it as I will be out leading Empty Seas party on some cool roads in N Ky as they pass thru Ohio/ Kentucky on their way to N.C.)
 
Lorenzo was fastest in FP1 I think

5 mins left in free practice 2 ... right now Marquez is kicking butt

2nd fp over marquez nearly 1 1/2 second faster thn pedrosa in second. rossi and leno down in 8 and 9th
 
Thread starter
First practice - Lorenzo quickest at 1 min 42.8 seconds.

Marquez 14th at 2.3 seconds behind........:huh: :huh:

Second practice - Marquez quickest at 1min 39.3 seconds

Lorenzo 2.2 seconds behind (1 min 41.5 seconds) :banana: :banana:
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Completely rebuilt track - just under 3 miles long with major elevation changes. First Practice starts today.

0209763a7526f7c23d56bbe0a9b76294.jpg


The paddock girls encourage you to watch:

9c2ac25c8d9e1bf2e6e0032660e89b62.jpg


These two young ladies in particular:

b192a6ebce6305bd4a32bcb796889777.jpg
I'm thinking that's not OEM equipment.

Which is 100% ok with me!
 
Thread starter
Tightening up on this morning's free practice 3:

MARQUEZ 1'39.171

PEDROSA 1'39.330

ROSSI 1'39.458

ESPARGARO 1'39.573

DOVIZIOSO 1'39.757

BRADL 1'39.771

LORENZO 1'39.782
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Completely rebuilt track - just under 3 miles long with major elevation changes. First Practice starts today.

0209763a7526f7c23d56bbe0a9b76294.jpg


The paddock girls encourage you to watch:

9c2ac25c8d9e1bf2e6e0032660e89b62.jpg


These two young ladies in particular:

b192a6ebce6305bd4a32bcb796889777.jpg
I'm thinking that's not OEM equipment.

Which is 100% ok with me!
I'm thinking that's not OEM equipment.
I'm thinking that those might make me achieve my fastest time. Might not even make it around the track!
Which is 100% ok with me!
 
Thread starter
Final Qualifying

MARQUEZ 1'37.683

LORENZO 1'38.425

PEDROSA 1'38.651

A ESPARGARO 1'38.794

DOVIZIOSO 1'38.856 (Top Ducati)

ROSSI 1'38.949

Bradley SMITH 1'38.958

IANNONE 1'39.237

BRADL 1'39.297

BAUTISTA 1'39.429

P ESPARGARO 1'39.822
 
That Marquez is one fast racer. 3 poles out of 3 races in 2014.
 
Marquez is a special talent I think, not that there isn't much special talent in this class of racing, but Marquez raises the bar a bit over the norm. The almost magical quality he has to read the actions of the tires and how to use them in the most economical way allows him to have speed at the end of a race when it is most important. The "Super Alien".

Too bad that Casey Stoner has left Motogp. It would be interesting to see how he would stack up against the new ace.
 
I loved seeing Maquez hand Lorenzo his ass. Lorenzo used to do that silly crap like "planting the flag on the Moon" when he won. Marquez is a better rider and a better winner.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I loved seeing Maquez hand Lorenzo his ass. Lorenzo used to do that silly crap like "planting the flag on the Moon" when he won. Marquez is a better rider and a better winner.
I think he (Lorenzo) had best get used to it.
 
Thread starter
Awesome Race!!!!!!!

The first several laps was some of the most exciting MotoGP racing I've ever seen. I was litterally jumping out of my seat.

If you didn't watch it or record it, there's still another chance to record it: FoxSports2 CH 618, Tuesday 4/29 1am.

The broadcast was 2 hours long. They showed most of Austin the first hour. So the rebroadcast of Argentina starts at 2am.
 
Not really related other than racing in general, but did anyone else catch the Velocity Channel special on Senna? It was REALLY good, if it comes on again I highly recommend it.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Not really related other than racing in general, but did anyone else catch the Velocity Channel special on Senna? It was REALLY good, if it comes on again I highly recommend it.
Recorded it last night. Senna was another great talent. What a shame his life ended so tragically. F1 was a truly dangerous sport back then. I was at Watkins Glen in '73 when Cevert was killed during practice. This became Jackie Stewart's last entry in a F1 as Tyrell withdrew the team after Cevert's crash and Stewart never raced again. I had a pit roof seat right over Graham Hill's pit for that race and got a picture of the Tyrell crew strapping Cevert into his car at the start of his fatal practice session. All the celebration and usual joy of the event was crushed by this tragedy. That evening, in Cevert's honor, the French National Anthem was played to a silent crowd of bowed heads and tear stained faces. I'll never forget that evening.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Awesome Race!!!!!!!

The first several laps was some of the most exciting MotoGP racing I've ever seen. I was litterally jumping out of my seat.

If you didn't watch it or record it, there's still another chance to record it: FoxSports2 CH 618, Tuesday 4/29 1am.

The broadcast was 2 hours long. They showed most of Austin the first hour. So the rebroadcast of Argentina starts at 2am.
True, a great race, but those blokes were in a daydream compared to the Moto3 race. Multiple, multiple, overtakes for all the spots and a real cracker of a last corner to the finish. Fenati declared war on Miller and Marquez by nudging both out on the final turn. The race review committee allowed the placings to stand but Fenati was later given a one penalty point punishment for ‘irresponsible riding causing danger to other competitors’.

Jack Miller, an Aussie from Townsville, is a real hard charger and although he did manage, just, to shake Fenati's hand he was clearly, well, I can only say pissed off. Forgive and forget is not in his vocabulary. Despite their smiles both Fenati and Marquez share that hard edge so the claret is bound to flow. Bring it on.

Cheers
 
Back
Top