Aragon MotoGP ***Spoiler Alert***

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Weather was perfect for qualifying. 2 Hondas and a Ducati on front row.
2 Yamahas in second row. Lorenzo in third row.

The candy kid M&M got another pole.

7 am ch 219 if you want to rewatch the last race, and 8 am if you just want to watch this weeks race
 
Really weird title for this post. Over here, or under here if you prefer, it's in the evening. Amazingly enough they tell me in Spain it's on in the afternoon. I just don't understand all this stuff!

Cheers and enjoy the race. I hope Jackass pulls his finger out.
 
Thread starter
Ptero.. I have no idea how to describe when the race is on other than how it relates to me. For me right now it's 7:38 am, they are showing last weeks race right now and todays race is on in about 20 minutes. Not sure what tome it is in other parts of the world, if it has already shown, or if its on hours from now? Confuses me as well.
 
Moto 3 (damn) and Moto2 already shown. Waiting for GP. ENJOY

Cheers

By the way, why edit? Haven't you noticed Millers race board? That's his racing name as displayed by KTM on his race board, and his nickname. JACKASS - as in:

Jackass

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Wow wow wow wow wow...what a crazy race!

Really? Since it's a proper name I put it back. had no idea. had no idea what that sentence even meant..pulls his finger out?

Sometimes the road is not so clear Ptero. I've been told to keep the board clean and that's what I try to do.
 
Plenty of thrills. Plenty of spills. Too much excitement. How on earth will I sleep now?
 
Man, what a race!!! Even though I've always been a Honda guy, I've always liked Lorenzo. Glad to see him win one. Yamaha has now won back to back races. Rossi's crash was ugly, hope he's ok.
Now to ride somewhere for breakfast! First I need to let the adrenaline subside. :D
 
I know I shouldn't have gone to this post yet. Will watch the recording later sans commercials. Need a spoiler alert on this one.
 
I just watched video of one of the crashes. What the heck is the point of having a 5-foot-wide strip of grass between two areas of asphalt on the outside of a turn? Seems like it's practically designed to cause a highside if a bike runs wide...?
 
Thread starter
Sorry Redbirds I was gone to grocery store and there was nothing mentioned about who won before I left.

It's still worth watching!
 
Very interesting race, and in my opinion Marquez in all his brilliance showed that he still is young and lacks a bit of experience. There may have been only five laps to go, but with slicks on wet, it really takes nothing for it to end in tears as both Marc and Dani found out. I suppose the fact that Lorenzo does not like riding in the wet saved him and gave him the win.
 
Henrik_imp said:
Very interesting race, and in my opinion Marquez in all his brilliance showed that he still is young and lacks a bit of experience. There may have been only five laps to go, but with slicks on wet, it really takes nothing for it to end in tears as both Marc and Dani found out. I suppose the fact that Lorenzo does not like riding in the wet saved him and gave him the win.
Ouch. No credit for his "years of experience" as the announcers gave him?
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Henrik_imp said:
Very interesting race, and in my opinion Marquez in all his brilliance showed that he still is young and lacks a bit of experience. There may have been only five laps to go, but with slicks on wet, it really takes nothing for it to end in tears as both Marc and Dani found out. I suppose the fact that Lorenzo does not like riding in the wet saved him and gave him the win.
Ouch. No credit for his "years of experience" as the announcers gave him?
Ouch. No credit for his "years of experience" as the announcers gave him?
Well, no.

Actually, I think Lorenzo has an amazing talent, and I was a fan of his back from 2004 when he was starting out in 125's. Then in 250's, I still liked him and his aggressive riding style. Unfortunately as he made it to the big league I got to know him on a personal level, and although there was nothing wrong with his riding talent, my opinion of him as a person changed. But at the end of the day, what I think of him personally has no bearing on his ability to master a motorcycle.

My problem is I find it hard to give him a break. So, yeah I'm sure his years of experience no doubt helped him out.

But still, no.
 
I watched the vid of Rossi's crash on the web. Seems like he's a stand up guy. Obviously coming up on Marquez and instead of forcing it and bumping him, he ran wide and ran out of track in the process.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow wow wow wow wow...what a crazy race!

Really? Since it's a proper name I put it back. had no idea. had no idea what that sentence even meant..pulls his finger out?

Sometimes the road is not so clear Ptero. I've been told to keep the board clean and that's what I try to do.
No worries mate. Hard for you I know, and for "us" at times. If you followed the link you will see that Jackass is sometimes used to refer to the Laughing Kookaburra. It is sometimes used as a pejorative term as in "What a jackass", basically meaning "What an idiot". As in Miller's case it's also used as a nickname, a much kinder interpretation, and one I am sure Miller is proud of as in the laughing Aussie flyer. Carnivore as well! Clear as mud I suppose.

The term "pull your finger out" is a common Australian colloquialism. It simply means to hurry up and get on with it. This expression is the staple of Army Sergeant Majors etc. I can't find a definitive source for it, but, on reflection, it may, and I say again may, be the bit of my post that should have been bleeped. :)

Cheers, and am looking forward to a few interesting campfire conversations.

Better sign off, I have about 300kms of CB induced scenery to look forward to on this beautiful spring day.
 
Back
Top