anyone test ride the Ninja 1000 or have one?

jitaylor_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
In another of my neverending series, I quiz the forum members about yet another motorcycle, the Ninja 1000.

I am interested in this one now. I am getting it narrowed down.
 
Very faint family ties but I once owned a ZG1000 Concours, which was derived from the original Ninja 900. It worked great, though some folks experienced cam pitting issues. I imagine the bike you're considering is a quantum leap forward. I've not ridden one.
 
Hey JT: In response, I have never test ridden the Ninja 1000. Also, I have never had one.

Sadly, I have ridden a 250 and 400 Ninja.
 
jitaylor_imp said:
In another of my neverending series, I quiz the forum members about yet another motorcycle, the Ninja 1000.

I am interested in this one now. I am getting it narrowed down.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
 
Thread starter
Rossi_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
In another of my neverending series, I quiz the forum members about yet another motorcycle, the Ninja 1000.

I am interested in this one now. I am getting it narrowed down.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
What about the riding position was problematic?
Yes Cormanus, I did search first. Once for "Ninja" then "Ninja 1000" and did not find this particular thread. The ones I found were not what I was looking for.
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey JT: In response, I have never test ridden the Ninja 1000. Also, I have never had one.

Sadly, I have ridden a 250 and 400 Ninja.
I am sorry to hear that GoldOxide…...
I am sorry to hear that GoldOxide…...
Thanks Houtman. I did recover ( ... I believe). :)
 
jitaylor_imp said:
Rossi_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
In another of my neverending series, I quiz the forum members about yet another motorcycle, the Ninja 1000.

I am interested in this one now. I am getting it narrowed down.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
What about the riding position was problematic?
Yes Cormanus, I did search first. Once for "Ninja" then "Ninja 1000" and did not find this particular thread. The ones I found were not what I was looking for.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
What about the riding position was problematic?
Yes Cormanus, I did search first. Once for "Ninja" then "Ninja 1000" and did not find this particular thread. The ones I found were not what I was looking for. The problem with the ninja 1000 that I had was even with handlebar risers the way you sit puts a good bit of weight on your wrists but again probably has a lot to do with my age. Thinks may not be a probably for you and it is a very good running bike with traction control. Take a test ride and see what you think.
 
jitaylor_imp said:
Rossi_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
In another of my neverending series, I quiz the forum members about yet another motorcycle, the Ninja 1000.

I am interested in this one now. I am getting it narrowed down.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
What about the riding position was problematic?
Yes Cormanus, I did search first. Once for "Ninja" then "Ninja 1000" and did not find this particular thread. The ones I found were not what I was looking for.
It's OK, jitaylor, the search function is not always friendly. It can often throw up too many results to be really helpful. I can't now remember how I found this one other than that I had a recollection CIP had bought one so I knew what I was looking for.

I didn't re-read the thread, but my recollection is that he liked the bike a lot.

He hasn't been a round for a while, but you could try a PM to him if you wanted more info.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey JT: In response, I have never test ridden the Ninja 1000. Also, I have never had one.

Sadly, I have ridden a 250 and 400 Ninja.
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey JT: In response, I have never test ridden the Ninja 1000. Also, I have never had one.

Sadly, I have ridden a 250 and 400 Ninja.
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
One session for each. I was definitely too big for the 250. The 400 had humping Tic Tac syndrome, however, over-looking that I found the engine too anemic for my liking. The engine had to be rung hard. There is passing, and then there is that I am not a rider who likes cruising at 10000 RPM. I suppose that points me more toward the HD end of the cruising spectrum. :s
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey JT: In response, I have never test ridden the Ninja 1000. Also, I have never had one.

Sadly, I have ridden a 250 and 400 Ninja.
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
One session for each. I was definitely too big for the 250. The 400 had humping Tic Tac syndrome, however, over-looking that I found the engine too anemic for my liking. The engine had to be rung hard. There is passing, and then there is that I am not a rider who likes cruising at 10000 RPM. I suppose that points me more toward the HD end of the cruising spectrum. :s
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
One session for each. I was definitely too big for the 250. The 400 had humping Tic Tac syndrome, however, over-looking that I found the engine too anemic for my liking. The engine had to be rung hard. There is passing, and then there is that I am not a rider who likes cruising at 10000 RPM. I suppose that points me more toward the HD end of the cruising spectrum. :s
Given all these, you only rode 1x250cc + 1x400cc = 650cc only :P
:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
Rossi_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
In another of my neverending series, I quiz the forum members about yet another motorcycle, the Ninja 1000.

I am interested in this one now. I am getting it narrowed down.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
I had a 2014 Ninja 1000 that I put around 6000 miles on. That bike is not the beast that the zx10 is- not as highly tuned. It was a great bike but the reason I traded it for a 2015 Versys 1000 was the riding position but that is probably due to my age. I traded the Versys in on my 2017 CB1100 ex.
What about the riding position was problematic?
Yes Cormanus, I did search first. Once for "Ninja" then "Ninja 1000" and did not find this particular thread. The ones I found were not what I was looking for.
It's OK, jitaylor, the search function is not always friendly. It can often throw up too many results to be really helpful. I can't now remember how I found this one other than that I had a recollection CIP had bought one so I knew what I was looking for.

I didn't re-read the thread, but my recollection is that he liked the bike a lot.

He hasn't been a round for a while, but you could try a PM to him if you wanted more info.
It's OK, jitaylor, the search function is not always friendly. It can often throw up too many results to be really helpful. I can't now remember how I found this one other than that I had a recollection CIP had bought one so I knew what I was looking for.

I didn't re-read the thread, but my recollection is that he liked the bike a lot.

He hasn't been a round for a while, but you could try a PM to him if you wanted more info.
Thanks very much !
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey JT: In response, I have never test ridden the Ninja 1000. Also, I have never had one.

Sadly, I have ridden a 250 and 400 Ninja.
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
One session for each. I was definitely too big for the 250. The 400 had humping Tic Tac syndrome, however, over-looking that I found the engine too anemic for my liking. The engine had to be rung hard. There is passing, and then there is that I am not a rider who likes cruising at 10000 RPM. I suppose that points me more toward the HD end of the cruising spectrum. :s
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
One session for each. I was definitely too big for the 250. The 400 had humping Tic Tac syndrome, however, over-looking that I found the engine too anemic for my liking. The engine had to be rung hard. There is passing, and then there is that I am not a rider who likes cruising at 10000 RPM. I suppose that points me more toward the HD end of the cruising spectrum. :s
Given all these, you only rode 1x250cc + 1x400cc = 650cc only :P
:beerchug:
GO... and how many times did you ride each cc ?
One session for each. I was definitely too big for the 250. The 400 had humping Tic Tac syndrome, however, over-looking that I found the engine too anemic for my liking. The engine had to be rung hard. There is passing, and then there is that I am not a rider who likes cruising at 10000 RPM. I suppose that points me more toward the HD end of the cruising spectrum. :s
Given all these, you only rode 1x250cc + 1x400cc = 650cc only :P
:beerchug:
Ha, lol, yeah. I am sure the standard breed Ninja models are no doubt a delight. I've ridden some Suzuki counterparts like the GS600R, but I have to squeeze myself into those as well. :dodgy: Not my style of riding pleasure.
 
Back
Top