Anyone taking a 4 th of July ride?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
To celebrate our Nations Independence I will be taking off in a few minutes for a bit of a ride. Will post a pic or two when I get back. For others who might be riding today, please be safe. Lots of people will be traveling today and I assume much alcohol will be consumed making those drivers a little more dangerous.

Happy 4 th people. :beerchug: (tea for me)
 
Woke up to rain in Georgia...so no ride for me...at least this am. However, I have a bit of work to do to return my CB to its former pristine condition. It's still covered in Rally dirt since I had to make a beeline to Florida last month when I returned. Cormanus... Do you beleive it? Oh...and I'll probably take a long look at my newly installed RLET's. I bet I'll have a few thing to say about them over the weekend. So stay tuned....
 
I would have been more than happy to go for a ride to help mark your day of independance but unfortunately was doing my bit to stimulate the economy ( had to work ) 7-5:30 no time to ride for noroomtomove.

I'll have a cup of tea and celebrate the day with you all that way before I call it a day.

Regards
 
Thread starter
Ugg sorry about the rain R4N, but look at it this way, the bike is already dirty, a little rain may actually soften up the rally dirt.

I'm sure you will come to love your RLETs as the rest of us do (minus 1 grumpy guy from down south somewhere). Stunning good looks along with a history of tradition says they belong on the big CB, plus the fact that your friends felt that your bike in particular, was worthy of a set and traveled 400 miles with them safely stowed in their original OEM part number embossed wrappers in a tank bag, to be installed at the premier riding event for members of this great forum ( even if we did chicken out slipping them on anonymously in the middle of the night). I'm sure when you consider the significance of those little piece of rubber that you will come to the right conclusion.
 
Did about 200 miles yesterday to get a 160 mile ride done. Detours, don't ya know. Got back home about five minutes ahead of the rain.

Today will ride downtown to the gym for a quick workout to try burn off some of the extra calories I'll be taking in.

Have a safe day everyone!
 
Spending the holiday weekend in Spring Green, Wisconsin as we did last year. Had a wonderful ride from here to Baraboo yesterday in which wer took Will be riding, boating, and eating today.
 
Already did, Left at 7am, returned @ 9:30. Beautiful weather here in central Florida, nice and cool this morning, no heat and humidity yet, but it will be coming our way shortly!
Happy Independence Day to all of us lucky enough to live in the USA, and to all my friends elsewhere on this planet, have a great day!
 
Yeah, heading down to a new brewery in Asheboro NC - 4 Saints - to check out their offerings. Good riding area with the sandhills to the south and Uwharries to the west, miles and miles of good riding through rolling hills with lots of farms and not many people.
 
When you have been to war this day means a lot, had to get in a ride.
County roads "K" and "F". and just around , great ride with my partner of 46 years.
Pretty soon will fire up the grill open some good Wisconsin beer
and cheese
another great 4th:banana:

PS for all guys down south and in AZ. the weather here is great.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
 
Happy Fourth of July, fellas. Well done those of you who managed a ride.

R4N, I just don't understand why the RLETs didn't clean your bike for you. Redbirds is offering removal advice as I recall.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Happy Fourth of July, fellas. Well done those of you who managed a ride.

R4N, I just don't understand why the RLETs didn't clean your bike for you. Redbirds is offering removal advice as I recall.
Maybe they were defective? Because it sure wasn't clean!!
 
ride4now_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Happy Fourth of July, fellas. Well done those of you who managed a ride.

R4N, I just don't understand why the RLETs didn't clean your bike for you. Redbirds is offering removal advice as I recall.
Maybe they were defective? Because it sure wasn't clean!!
Maybe they were defective? Because it sure wasn't clean!!
Defective RLETs? Is such a thing possible? I will have to ponder it.
 
Thread starter
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I'll be doing a 5th of July ride too ;)
Lol. Me too Geezer. meeting my son in the morning at 8
 
Back
Top