Anyone ride a scooter too?

I don't own a scooter, but I test-rode a Burgman and was very impressed with it.
There was a Vespa in the family a few years ago, but it's gone now.
 
I ride...I've prolly owned about 20 vintage lambrettas and vespas over the years...buying selling riding fixing crashing all the good stuff. Right now I am down to 3 scoots, a '73 sprint veloce with a 177 kit, a '69 lambretta DL150 with a GP 200 lump, and a '63 li150 with a 190 kit. So far none have exploded yet, so I guess that's good.
 
I brought home a Honda Forza 300 yesterday. Already put 78 miles on her. Took it up to 80mph on a break in cruise. Handled just fine at speed.
Off to the garage to put a top case on it. And grip puppies. And other stuff, etc

0bb33a16c162a98b3c49221b1e44b688.jpg
 
The Forza is one very nice scooter. Best all around scooter, imo.

Finally got a chance to take a pic of both bikes (parked behind my son's bachelor pad located off-campus).


He asked to swap bikes for the weekend. So I met him at his place, gave him the keys to the CB, and after our (monthly) father-son luncheon, I rode the Burg back home. Right before leaving, he surprised me with a gift. See that bottle on the ground? That there isn't just any bottle of gin; it's a Kirkland (Costco) private label gin that isn't sold in your typical Costco. He bought it at a Costco in New Orleans, one of 3 or 4 Costco in the USA that sells Kirkland brand liquor, during his mardi gras adventure over there a couple weeks ago. Warms my heart to no end when he does things like that. Mama done real good with that young man. :heart:

Oh...the next day, he txts me this:
"bike's BADAZZ!!"
:rofl::rofl:
 
Jedd,

You don't have to worry that whatever gang $YD is will steel your bike? :D
 
Yup I’m the insane one who had a 2013 then a 2014 CB1100 then got a FZ-07 until a BMW scooter riding buddy said he was looking at FZ-07’s so I ended up selling him my bike to get a 2018 Suzuki Burgman 400 because I’m old enough not to care what others think and appreciate the benefits of a good scooter!

09fa7d50130e2643fe6b13452a559ad0.jpg


That’s my latest ride between the white 400 and the grey 650. Apparently in Hawaii we can get the matte black with red wheels while the rest of the US gets the only gets the white with black wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top