Anyone ride a scooter too?

neuro_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
In addition to loving my CB1100, I'm president of the Memphis Kings Scooter Club and proud owner of a 1979 Vespa P200E (2-stroke 150 cc manual xmission), a 2005 Genuine Stella (2-stroke 150 cc manual xmission), and a 2009 Aprilia Sportcity 250 (4-stroke 250 cc continuous variable xmission).

If any of you on the forum also ride scooters, you're invited to the 24th Amerivespa (international rally of Vespa Club of America), to be held in Memphis and hosted by our scooter club next June of 2016.

We expect 600 - 700 scooters in town for the 4 day rally.

We haven't posted specific rally details but soon will, and they will be found here:
http://www.amerivespa.org

Our club website is http://www.memphiskings.net.

Safe riding!
 
Sometimes I wish I still had my Honda Elite 110.
 
Thread starter
Hey Catbird, Virginia is only a hop, skip, and two jumps from Memphis! We were just there two days ago vacationing near Roanoke, on Smith Mountain Lake. We were returning from a scooter rally in Maine.
 
Funny you would ask about scooters. Just in the past two months I dove into the scooter world. I bought a '13 Piaggio BV350 for me and a '13 Buddy 125 for my wife. Two days ago I also received an '09 Piaggio MP3 400. I may sell the 350.

EDIT: It was a scooter, a red 1964 Sears Allstate (Vespa copy) that was adready beat to crap when I got my hands on it that got me into motorcycling as a 15 yr old, which I went down while riding, my first crash.
 
My first experience on motorized two wheels was on an old Honda Passport that I had a blast on. For the life of me, I can't remember what I ever did with it. When I was in high school, in the 80s, Vespas were the scoot to have. A number of my friends were deep into the Southern California mod culture and the Vespa was the king of transportation for them. I could never afford one back then. Although my wife says there's no way she'll ever ride her own motorcycle, she's open to riding a scooter of her own. I think it would be fun for us to have a couple of them in the garage next to the CB.

I hope your rally is a huge success. I would love to see photos from a gathering that large.
 
Thread starter
The BV scoots are a really sweet ride. Saw one the other day at a Nashville dealership with only 3000 miles and the price was knocked down to less than $4000, a sweet deal. My wife had a Buddy 170i which she really enjoyed. Just recently she was looking for a scoot that withstood the headwinds and sidewinds a bit more, and she got a Kymco Like 200. It's her favorite scooter so far (and she's had 5).... it usually sells new for $2800 but since it was a 2014 model (still with zero miles) our Kymco dealer gave it to her for $1800, a really sweet ride and a sweet deal. Kymco scoots are made in Taiwan with excellent quality control and a great reputation.
 
I have an Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT that I regularly commute to work with. Love this scooter for the big wheels making it extremely stable. Riding on the highway in excess of 120kmh is great, and taking a passenger does not upset it at all.

Actually I am on my second Scarabeo 500 as I previously had one while living in Singapore. Looks like this:

 
Vespa PX 200 GS Lusso 1993
Henrik_imp said:
I have an Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT that I regularly commute to work with. Love this scooter for the big wheels making it extremely stable. Riding on the highway in excess of 120kmh is great, and taking a passenger does not upset it at all.

Actually I am on my second Scarabeo 500 as I previously had one while living in Singapore. Looks like this:


http://s122.photobucket.com/user/henmyr/media/others/scarabeosmall.jpg.html
 
I like the classic Vespa looki9ng ones, not the space ship ones, kinda like with my motorcycles too.
Although I was kinda looking at scooters on a lunch break when I first saw the CB1100...I had to have it and one week later bough the CB instead of a retro looking scooter.
Sales guy comments on that sometimes....
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sometimes I wish I still had my Honda Elite 110.

same feelings I had during the first rides on my new CB


But the feelings quickly disappeared, and evaporated the more I ride my CB :)
 
I love my bikes, but I wish I had kept the 110. Would be great for grocery runs :)
 
This here's my
2013 Burg 400 w/ a hi perf. Hit clutch and 18 gram sliders .
Currently set up for light duty touring and Costco runs.
 
I have had a Honda PCX 125 then a PCX 150. They were great scooters for commuting. In March, I pick up a Honda Forza 300. but not commuting anymore, retired!
 
I had a Suzuki Burgman 650 in 2006. I enjoyed the bike very much, although at speeds 65 and higher there was an annoying buzz.

(Photo below)
 
My wife and I a pair of Yamaha Majesty 400 scooters. quite capable machines and would easily keep up on the freeway. Plenty of storage. Twist and go simplicity, good fuel mileage. My wife eventually quit riding so we traded mine in on my second CB 1100 and I traded the second one in on a Honda 420 Rancher atv with snow plow which I just used yesterday. Not as much fun as the scooter, but a necessary evil living where I do.




[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/DSCF0009-1.jpg.html]:s
 
My PCX150 may not ride like the bigger scoots but works very good
in the congested and narrow streets of a city. It is well under 300lb.
 
Back
Top