Anyone planning to install Winglets along with their Rlets?

I'm familiar with aviation winglets (vertical wingtips).

d3ca6f9a8cb53a4cedc7bf1cd12d0074.JPG


But I can't figure out from the article what it is on the Aprilia. Is it that duct looking thing on the side, just aft of the headlight?

b54d9596aec0da0c55cc161d834dfb3f.jpg


Nice to see real aerodynamic improvements making it to production bikes.
 
I'm struggling as well trying to figure out what they are addressing with the "winglet I don't believe it's the brake duct as that's mentioned separately later in the article.

Just looked again. I think Flynrider nailed it...outboard duct on each side of the headlight.
 
Thread starter
I think it's the wing on the side after a closer read. They refer to the brake disk piece as a tubular cooling duct. I really just posted it in jest because it sounds close to RLET.
 
These things ...

f1b32dc930503b29210757008d610f42.jpg


‘Winglet’ may sound like ‘RLET’ but don’t be fooled into thinking it’s anywhere near as important.
 
My old Concours 1000 had similar pieces, but they were lower down on the fairing. They funneled airflow to your feet, or you could flip them around and direct the airflow outwards. I never played with them.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
These things ...

f1b32dc930503b29210757008d610f42.jpg


‘Winglet’ may sound like ‘RLET’ but don’t be fooled into thinking it’s anywhere near as important.
:rofl: :thumbsup: :thanks:
 
Back
Top