Anyone planning on painting your 1100?

Mike546_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I really like that first paint job too! Red is my favorite color, so I'll be keeping mine Candy Red. Looking forward to see what direction you will head in, Mike.
 
In Japan in 2013 they had one painted just like a red 79 CBX with a matching little tail section and satin black side covers. It was sharp!
 
The first and the last pics are based on the '83 CB1100F scheme. If I were going to paint, I'd definitely go that route. I think a small bikini fairing painted to match would complete the look.

62aad08369156d425c79982aa00537c1.jpg


BTW, if you search the site, I think you'll find some pics of a forum member that had his bike painted in that '83 scheme.
 
Thread starter
I've been looking all over at the older bikes paint schemes. I should just plan it out and buy a spray gun. I took two years of auto-body repair in high school but I haven't painted anything since 1979.
Flynrider_imp said:
The first and the last pics are based on the '83 CB1100F scheme. If I were going to paint, I'd definitely go that route. I think a small bikini fairing painted to match would complete the look.

62aad08369156d425c79982aa00537c1.jpg


BTW, if you search the site, I think you'll find some pics of a forum member that had his bike painted in that '83 scheme.
I did see a silver bike painted like that, thats what gave me the bug.
 
Flake Sunrise Orange is a paint colour that would be my choice, not in a position to do anything in the near term so 49's will remain white for a while yet.

I do like the paint job on the "arkaos" bike, in the photo folder "french bask cb1100 candy gold"
 
Some nice schemes there, especially the CB1100F. I guess I'm too tight (short arms and long pockets) to have a good quality spray job done when I have that Candy Glory tank there already.

Cheers and keep us posted.
 
Option 1, 2 and 5 could be done on a black bike with some sort of vinyl treatment. I do like the black exhaust on #5. I have thought of doing something with my tank and side covers to match my fairing.
 
Gawd no. :D
Some of those are kind of cool, but the ruby red on my '13 is one of the most beautiful paint jobs I've ever seen on a motorcycle.
I always look forward to seeing what others do to their bikes, though - please let us know what you decide to go with!
 
Excuse me Papa, but that's Candy Glory Red. I just like saying Candy Glory Red :)
 
When I first short-listed a second-hand, black CB1100 as a potential replacement for my old Ninja 250R the plan was always to have the tank painted a mother-of-peal white with metallic flakes and racing stripe/s (possibly similar to Arkaos) with 60's style psychedelic patterns within the stripe/s. The day I purchased it I spent nearly the whole day riding, while I was filling up after dark I noticed how the flakes in the factory black paint-job popped underneath the fluorescent lights. I haven't been able to bring myself to destroy such a beautiful factory job, even though polishing out those cobweb scratches does my head in!
If the tank is ever scratched or dented then I'll definitely repair/replace it with my original white/psychedelic theme.
 
I have a little ding in my tank. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have that fixed, the emblems pulled and filled and paint eggshell black to match other components.
 
LOL! Steve Martin is in the house!! :)
 
I would like my CB to be white some day. Plain white is fine, but if I did any kind of graphics it would be White, Red, Blue. I remember a picture that is somewhere on here that had a solid color tank with JP characters. Maybe for Yoshimura ? Pretty cool in any case.
 
Back
Top