Anyone Own Two CB1100s?

Yata-Garasu_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I love my 2014. I almost bought a 2013 but I'm glad that I held out for the 2014 with its 6 speed transmission.

I also have an 09 Shadow Spirit which is kind of like Honda's take on a Sportster. I love both bikes, but the CB1100 is definitely the superior ride.

Being in the US, it looks like the 2017 ex is the only option for me. I would love it if Honda gave the US market one more shot at the CB1100 for it's final run.

The new CB1000 has also caught my eye, but that looks a lot more muscular, even though it's only ten more horsepower. Looks more like a sport bike. I really like the low key looks of the CB1100... However, if the new CB1000 came in blue or white, I'd probably have already bought one!

Just curious, anyone here own more than one CB1100?
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
I love my 2014. I almost bought a 2013 but I'm glad that I held out for the 2014 with its 6 speed transmission.

I also have an 09 Shadow Spirit which is kind of like Honda's take on a Sportster. I love both bikes, but the CB1100 is definitely the superior ride.

Being in the US, it looks like the 2017 ex is the only option for me. I would love it if Honda gave the US market one more shot at the CB1100 for it's final run.

The new CB1000 has also caught my eye, but that looks a lot more muscular, even though it's only ten more horsepower. Looks more like a sport bike. I really like the low key looks of the CB1100... However, if the new CB1000 came in blue or white, I'd probably have already bought one!

Just curious, anyone here own more than one CB1100?
Hi Yata-Garasu! Yes a few people here own more than one CB1100, and some have had multiple ones over the years so they can give you better insight about the differences.
I'm curious what "new" CB1000 you are talking about? If it's the neo-retro CB1000R, I think you misread the specs, because the difference is more in the range of 50hp, not 10. Double check, or maybe if you know something I don't, please share

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
I love my 2014. I almost bought a 2013 but I'm glad that I held out for the 2014 with its 6 speed transmission.

I also have an 09 Shadow Spirit which is kind of like Honda's take on a Sportster. I love both bikes, but the CB1100 is definitely the superior ride.

Being in the US, it looks like the 2017 ex is the only option for me. I would love it if Honda gave the US market one more shot at the CB1100 for it's final run.

The new CB1000 has also caught my eye, but that looks a lot more muscular, even though it's only ten more horsepower. Looks more like a sport bike. I really like the low key looks of the CB1100... However, if the new CB1000 came in blue or white, I'd probably have already bought one!

Just curious, anyone here own more than one CB1100?
Hi Yata-Garasu! Yes a few people here own more than one CB1100, and some have had multiple ones over the years so they can give you better insight about the differences.
I'm curious what "new" CB1000 you are talking about? If it's the neo-retro CB1000R, I think you misread the specs, because the difference is more in the range of 50hp, not 10. Double check, or maybe if you know something I don't, please share

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Hi Yata-Garasu! Yes a few people here own more than one CB1100, and some have had multiple ones over the years so they can give you better insight about the differences.
I'm curious what "new" CB1000 you are talking about? If it's the neo-retro CB1000R, I think you misread the specs, because the difference is more in the range of 50hp, not 10. Double check, or maybe if you know something I don't, please share

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Thanks for your reply! Oops... I would have discovered those fifty ponies eventually! Lol

Yes, the CB1000R Neo-Cafe

I guess they've been making it since 2018? Last weekend at the dealership was the first time I've seen one. Impressive looking bike. I think I must have pulled that 97 hp figure from an older CB1000. 140hp is more in line with it's looks. I don't need that much power, the CB1100's 88 ponies is more than the other bikes I've owned.
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
I love my 2014. I almost bought a 2013 but I'm glad that I held out for the 2014 with its 6 speed transmission.

I also have an 09 Shadow Spirit which is kind of like Honda's take on a Sportster. I love both bikes, but the CB1100 is definitely the superior ride.

Being in the US, it looks like the 2017 ex is the only option for me. I would love it if Honda gave the US market one more shot at the CB1100 for it's final run.

The new CB1000 has also caught my eye, but that looks a lot more muscular, even though it's only ten more horsepower. Looks more like a sport bike. I really like the low key looks of the CB1100... However, if the new CB1000 came in blue or white, I'd probably have already bought one!

Just curious, anyone here own more than one CB1100?
Hi Yata-Garasu! Yes a few people here own more than one CB1100, and some have had multiple ones over the years so they can give you better insight about the differences.
I'm curious what "new" CB1000 you are talking about? If it's the neo-retro CB1000R, I think you misread the specs, because the difference is more in the range of 50hp, not 10. Double check, or maybe if you know something I don't, please share

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Hi Yata-Garasu! Yes a few people here own more than one CB1100, and some have had multiple ones over the years so they can give you better insight about the differences.
I'm curious what "new" CB1000 you are talking about? If it's the neo-retro CB1000R, I think you misread the specs, because the difference is more in the range of 50hp, not 10. Double check, or maybe if you know something I don't, please share

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Thanks for your reply! Oops... I would have discovered those fifty ponies eventually! Lol

Yes, the CB1000R Neo-Cafe

I guess they've been making it since 2018? Last weekend at the dealership was the first time I've seen one. Impressive looking bike. I think I must have pulled that 97 hp figure from an older CB1000. 140hp is more in line with it's looks. I don't need that much power, the CB1100's 88 ponies is more than the other bikes I've owned.
Hi Yata-Garasu! Yes a few people here own more than one CB1100, and some have had multiple ones over the years so they can give you better insight about the differences.
I'm curious what "new" CB1000 you are talking about? If it's the neo-retro CB1000R, I think you misread the specs, because the difference is more in the range of 50hp, not 10. Double check, or maybe if you know something I don't, please share

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Thanks for your reply! Oops... I would have discovered those fifty ponies eventually! Lol

Yes, the CB1000R Neo-Cafe

I guess they've been making it since 2018? Last weekend at the dealership was the first time I've seen one. Impressive looking bike. I think I must have pulled that 97 hp figure from an older CB1000. 140hp is more in line with it's looks. I don't need that much power, the CB1100's 88 ponies is more than the other bikes I've owned. Indeed CB1100 offers adequate real-world performance. I have had a chance to spend some time on the CB1000R a few years ago, and although I did enjoy it I had a few remarks, most of them seem to have been addressed by Honda with the new Black Edition - the LCD display that was impossible to see at some angles and at all angles with polarized sunglasses, now is a TFT with 3 different interfaces; very soft front suspension that had a lot of dive while braking are now 44mm big piston separate function forks.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I have a 2014 STD and 2014 DLX. I actually like riding the STD more than the DLX because it is a little sportier (I can feel the weight difference). But I do like looking at the DLX more than the STD.
 
Yeah, one day you will GO...
I have two 2014's, standard and DLX, both in tip top condition...but only the STD has RLETs, so need some adjustment up or down to keep the Force in proper balance...

39252df9dfebe4e769abdc443864be5e.jpg


a2a28e7e70371d8df6177333407788d8.jpg

:cool:
 
for any months and years i had (for you) the DLX (for me EX ) , the 2017 model and the neo sports cafe.......the DLX i lost the neo sports i sold....

and with (your) standard i made a test ride..
 
'13 and a '14.

If I could I'd merge details on both. I have lower bars on the '13 (to work with a fairing that is now off the bike). It seems a bit sportier than the '14. But the '14 has a windscreen and full bags. I do prefer the switch gear and 6th gear on the '14 - but push come to shove I'd sell the '14 and keep the '13. It's red! :D

There are times I consider selling one and getting something else to supplement the fleet. But these guys are paid for and dealers want too much money for new bikes.
 
Well- you could mix and match the parts you like the best- put the less liked parts on the other bike- and someone would still happily buy it.
 
Had 3, 2013, the DLX and EX until a few months back when money was scarce and now I own only 2. The DLX is road worthy now, but not pretty enough to share pixs just yet. I will post both to this thread then even if it is a little old. I expect to have it completely restored with too many new parts, nuts and bolts to mention by Christmas. I just could not leave her in the rusted/faded state I found her in. I got the lead from the Forum, and having been the 3rd DLX I tried to buy, I bought her maybe a bit too hastily, but glad I did. Soon she will be worthy of a keeper, and had only 201 miles when I bought her!
Yes the CB1100 is worth buying 2 or 3!
 
Thread starter
michael1954_imp said:
Had 3, 2013, the DLX and EX until a few months back when money was scarce and now I own only 2. The DLX is road worthy now, but not pretty enough to share pixs just yet. I will post both to this thread then even if it is a little old. I expect to have it completely restored with too many new parts, nuts and bolts to mention by Christmas. I just could not leave her in the rusted/faded state I found her in. I got the lead from the Forum, and having been the 3rd DLX I tried to buy, I bought her maybe a bit too hastily, but glad I did. Soon she will be worthy of a keeper, and had only 201 miles when I bought her!
Yes the CB1100 is worth buying 2 or 3!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one!
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Had 3, 2013, the DLX and EX until a few months back when money was scarce and now I own only 2. The DLX is road worthy now, but not pretty enough to share pixs just yet. I will post both to this thread then even if it is a little old. I expect to have it completely restored with too many new parts, nuts and bolts to mention by Christmas. I just could not leave her in the rusted/faded state I found her in. I got the lead from the Forum, and having been the 3rd DLX I tried to buy, I bought her maybe a bit too hastily, but glad I did. Soon she will be worthy of a keeper, and had only 201 miles when I bought her!
Yes the CB1100 is worth buying 2 or 3!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads.
 
Thread starter
michael1954_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Had 3, 2013, the DLX and EX until a few months back when money was scarce and now I own only 2. The DLX is road worthy now, but not pretty enough to share pixs just yet. I will post both to this thread then even if it is a little old. I expect to have it completely restored with too many new parts, nuts and bolts to mention by Christmas. I just could not leave her in the rusted/faded state I found her in. I got the lead from the Forum, and having been the 3rd DLX I tried to buy, I bought her maybe a bit too hastily, but glad I did. Soon she will be worthy of a keeper, and had only 201 miles when I bought her!
Yes the CB1100 is worth buying 2 or 3!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads.
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads. Thanks for the reply Michael! I only get on here about once a week so I didn't see your post until now!

I'm also a believer in serendipity... That's just a fancy way of saying that I have never bought a new bike, and I am a sucker for a good deal! Lol

If I found a good deal on a Z900R I would buy one. Hopefully I will be able to find my next bike for a good price during the winter months.
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Had 3, 2013, the DLX and EX until a few months back when money was scarce and now I own only 2. The DLX is road worthy now, but not pretty enough to share pixs just yet. I will post both to this thread then even if it is a little old. I expect to have it completely restored with too many new parts, nuts and bolts to mention by Christmas. I just could not leave her in the rusted/faded state I found her in. I got the lead from the Forum, and having been the 3rd DLX I tried to buy, I bought her maybe a bit too hastily, but glad I did. Soon she will be worthy of a keeper, and had only 201 miles when I bought her!
Yes the CB1100 is worth buying 2 or 3!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads.
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads. Thanks for the reply Michael! I only get on here about once a week so I didn't see your post until now!

I'm also a believer in serendipity... That's just a fancy way of saying that I have never bought a new bike, and I am a sucker for a good deal! Lol

If I found a good deal on a Z900R I would buy one. Hopefully I will be able to find my next bike for a good price during the winter months.
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads. Thanks for the reply Michael! I only get on here about once a week so I didn't see your post until now!

I'm also a believer in serendipity... That's just a fancy way of saying that I have never bought a new bike, and I am a sucker for a good deal! Lol

If I found a good deal on a Z900R I would buy one. Hopefully I will be able to find my next bike for a good price during the winter months.
This may sound silly, but as an owner of two CB1100's, I have thought about buying the new Z900RS with the new brakes/suspension. I might be the only one to own two of them, but the bikes books and I find handling what people call a twichy throttle passes as one gets used to the bike's urge to go fast. The new colors are awesome, and since Honda will not give us shot at the Final Edition, the Z900rs may be my last new bike.
 
michael1954_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Had 3, 2013, the DLX and EX until a few months back when money was scarce and now I own only 2. The DLX is road worthy now, but not pretty enough to share pixs just yet. I will post both to this thread then even if it is a little old. I expect to have it completely restored with too many new parts, nuts and bolts to mention by Christmas. I just could not leave her in the rusted/faded state I found her in. I got the lead from the Forum, and having been the 3rd DLX I tried to buy, I bought her maybe a bit too hastily, but glad I did. Soon she will be worthy of a keeper, and had only 201 miles when I bought her!
Yes the CB1100 is worth buying 2 or 3!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one!
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads.
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads. Thanks for the reply Michael! I only get on here about once a week so I didn't see your post until now!

I'm also a believer in serendipity... That's just a fancy way of saying that I have never bought a new bike, and I am a sucker for a good deal! Lol

If I found a good deal on a Z900R I would buy one. Hopefully I will be able to find my next bike for a good price during the winter months.
Agreed! I feel silly aiming at another one, but I like the design a lot, and I don't know how long they'll still be available.

I read that the president of Honda rides a CB1100... A DLX in Pearl White!

The bike is so well mannered yet fun to ride. I like the fact that it's whisper quiet too. I can ride through neighborhoods with parks full of dogs and little kids and I get smiling people waving at me... Not my experience riding louder bikes!

Hoping that Honda decides to bring the CB1100 to the USA for their final edition.

The other bike that sparks my interest is the Kawasaki z900r. Similar look and design, but slightly more modern. Unfortunately, following them on the Kawasaki forums, they don't seem as reliable as the CB1100.

If the CB1000 Neo Cafe gets released in white or sky-blue, I might have to get one! I know this is a slightly old post but going on 2 1/2 years on my 2018 Z900RS I bought new has had zero issues. I know it is not a long time, but all I have done is change the old & filter a couple times, replaced the Air filer with a K&N, and added the Akrapovic Race headers and muffler. The bike is extremely fast for a 900cc bike, easily leaves the CB1100 behind. I bought it because I buy few new bikes, and I wanted to be on a bike I did not see much of. It looks like it is going to be a big seller for Kawasaki, especially the new model with the Brembo front brakes and the Ohlins rear shock. Price went up for this model too, but I have no complaints, just fun riding it fast, especially on curvy roads. Thanks for the reply Michael! I only get on here about once a week so I didn't see your post until now!

I'm also a believer in serendipity... That's just a fancy way of saying that I have never bought a new bike, and I am a sucker for a good deal! Lol

If I found a good deal on a Z900R I would buy one. Hopefully I will be able to find my next bike for a good price during the winter months.
This may sound silly, but as an owner of two CB1100's, I have thought about buying the new Z900RS with the new brakes/suspension. I might be the only one to own two of them, but the bikes books and I find handling what people call a twichy throttle passes as one gets used to the bike's urge to go fast. The new colors are awesome, and since Honda will not give us shot at the Final Edition, the Z900rs may be my last new bike.
I don't think it sounds silly at all. Those are good looking bikes. There was a guy in Paris that put up a YouTube review of that Z900RS against a CB1100RS and his overall impression was that the CB1100 was the overall winner being more refined, but he made a really strong case for the Z900. And boy that Z900RS color scheme really looks eye catching with the gold wheels and yellow accents. I was really hoping Honda would do something like this with the CB if they had to to keep the CB1100 going due to Euro5, but alas...

c27cfaeb8c1345be68e43066ad357058.jpg


Edit: Here is the link to the YouTube comparison review.

 
Back
Top