Anyone know where this road is?

Pauley

Been there
Thread starter
Anyone know where this road might be? This sign is nailed to the wall in the back patio area of a pub in the Duboce Triangle district in San Francisco. I've searched the web but can't turn anything up. The employees at the pub don't know where it came from.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'd say judging from condition, they had it made up. I worked in the sign bus ( highway traffic safety) for 25 years before retirement. Anyone can walk in, and have a sign made that says anything. ( although I do find the 117 miles a weird number) . I did take a pic of winding road next 99 miles in Montana.

No govt agency ( dot responsible for highway signage) is going to word the road advisable for sport bikes or enthuiasts only
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'd say judging from condition, they had it made up. I worked in the sign bus ( highway traffic safety) for 25 years before retirement. Anyone can walk in, and have a sign made that says anything. ( although I do find the 117 miles a weird number) . I did take a pic of winding road next 99 miles in Montana.

No govt agency ( dot responsible for highway signage) is going to word the road advisable for sport bikes or enthuiasts only

Nope but this road is about an hour south of the June rally

9d01c4ef18fb36237e6814514563c3e7.jpg
 
Yeah, the region the rally is in this year is long on tight and twisty roads. Some "municipalities" have professional quality signs warning not to rely on your GPS here. Favorite road sign is "BBQ 1 mile".
 
Back
Top