Anyone installed a radiator cover?

Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, TXBikerGuy. I can't get over how clean your bike is.
Thanks. I like to think I take good care of my things, but whoever owned this bike for the first 1700 miles took it to a whole different level. I've owned it a week--so all the credit goes to that guy!
 
If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in what it looks like from a social distance 2-3 meters away to see how it blends in with the rest of the bike.
 
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, TXBikerGuy. I can't get over how clean your bike is.
Thanks. I like to think I take good care of my things, but whoever owned this bike for the first 1700 miles took it to a whole different level. I've owned it a week--so all the credit goes to that guy!
Did he ever ride it? On a real road?
 
pdedse_imp said:
If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in what it looks like from a social distance 2-3 meters away to see how it blends in with the rest of the bike.
COL (chuckle out loud)
Cormanus_imp said:
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, TXBikerGuy. I can't get over how clean your bike is.
Thanks. I like to think I take good care of my things, but whoever owned this bike for the first 1700 miles took it to a whole different level. I've owned it a week--so all the credit goes to that guy!
Did he ever ride it? On a real road?
If it makes you feel any better Cormanus, there does appear to be a small bug splat on the engine directly above the cylinder 4 header.

Wait — had to double-check by wiping off the filthy screen on my laptop. It looks even cleaner now but yep, still looks like there might be a tiny bug splat on the engine. Although I still wouldn't completely rule out my laptop's screen.
 
Dang, Guth, I believe you’re correct. A bug it is.
 
In the first pic, in the pipe closest to the camera, if you blow it up you can see TXbikerguy. AND is that DARTH VADER standing behind him???
 
Could be :) Normally I’d ask the Ring, but being in the dungeon right now... ;)
 
Cover loks good.

Cormanus I think he has us beat in the clean bike contest lol
 
2017EX_imp said:
Looks good! How bout a link to where you got it?
That would have been the polite thing to have included. Sorry! Here's the link. And I just noticed it's $15 cheaper than when I bought it last week. R&G Oil Cooler Guard - Twisted Throttle
pdedse_imp said:
Don't mind at all. I pulled it out into the driveway hoping the sunlight might give you a better look at how it looks overall on the bike. These shots also give a sneak preview to the Clearwater Darla install that's underway.


 
The ferret_imp said:
Cover loks good.

Cormanus I think he has us beat in the clean bike contest lol
:rofl: Yep. I'm hanging up my sponge and going riding.
 
my darlings are too often very clean but so like this....hmmm...smile..

ehhh

i see extra lights on the fender

.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Cover loks good.

Cormanus I think he has us beat in the clean bike contest lol
:rofl: Yep. I'm hanging up my sponge and going riding.
:rofl: Yep. I'm hanging up my sponge and going riding.
Yea me too. ;)
 
Will those Darlas hold up to the shocks they get mounted on the lower forks?

I’d be interested in your install. Please post up on that if you would. Thanks.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Will those Darlas hold up to the shocks they get mounted on the lower forks?

I’d be interested in your install. Please post up on that if you would. Thanks.
I've had a pair of Darlas mounted on the forks of my K1600GTL for about 30,000 miles and they've held up well. Also mounted a pair on the forks of my KTM 1190 Adventure and ran them there for at least 5,000 miles--including a fair amount of off-road riding (moved them to the crash bars more to protect them from breaking off in any inevitable off-road tip-over on a COBDR trip.) I would have preferred to be able to mount them on engine guards, but probably won't be adding those to the CB so I'm going with the universal fender mount supplied by Clearwater.

My plan is to document the install as much as possible to post up here in case it helps anyone else. Also adding Skene P3 rear lights (came in today) so will probably do one long tech-day to get both sets of lights installed.
 
Back
Top