Anyone ever use these Noco lithium Batteries?

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just saw an Amazon notification that these Noco lithium batteries are on sale. I know they've been making jumper packs for a long time thats how I know the brand name at least.

Limited-time deal: NOCO Lithium NLP14, Group 14, 500A LiFePO4 Motorcycle Battery, 12V 4Ah ATV, UTV, Jet Ski, 4 Wheeler, Quad, Riding Lawn Mower, Tractor, Scooter, PWC, Seadoo, Polaris and Generator Battery https://a.co/d/bnbzNCP

My current battery on my 2014 is still the factory battery and seems to be going strong but I know I'm probably pushing it on how old it is. Its been sitting on a trickle charger for the last 3 years of my injury anyways other than having friends take it out to keep the fluids and rubbers going. Not sure if that is contributing to its long life so far?
063bc309ba34f9eca56c3c785367f3de.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
If you go this route mvk24, be sure to plan what you are going to do with the extra new found space where the OEM battery once parked.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
If you go this route mvk24, be sure to plan what you are going to do with the extra new found space where the OEM battery once parked.
O yes these Lithiums are smaller right? In the pictures it has multiple plastic shells you can put on the bottom to make it the same size as whatever standard battery i guess to the factory straps will hold it down... but I wouldn't mind having some extra space under the seat

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
When I used to commute daily - the stock Yuasa had no issues. Once the pandemic hit, and I was hardly riding, the Yuasa degraded quite quickly.

Since then, I only ride on weekends. Kept the stock Yuasa going for almost 2 yrs after I brought it back to life. But had to keep it on a tender and I also used to carry a portable jump starter with me (never had to use the jump starter).

Have not kept the NOCO on a tender yet. But I did get their smallest portable starter and their GBC007 cable so that if needed it can be jump started through the pigtail.
 
satchit_imp said:
When I used to commute daily - the stock Yuasa had no issues. Once the pandemic hit, and I was hardly riding, the Yuasa degraded quite quickly.

Since then, I only ride on weekends. Kept the stock Yuasa going for almost 2 yrs after I brought it back to life. But had to keep it on a tender and I also used to carry a portable jump starter with me (never had to use the jump starter).

Have not kept the NOCO on a tender yet. But I did get their smallest portable starter and their GBC007 cable so that if needed it can be jump started through the pigtail.
Tell us more about this set up please
 
My current battery on my 2014 is still the factory battery and seems to be going strong but I know I'm probably pushing it on how old it is. Its been sitting on a trickle charger for the last 3 years of my injury anyways other than having friends take it out to keep the fluids and rubbers going. Not sure if that is contributing to its long life so far?

Your original batter is still good? Wow! I'm on my third battery for my 2014. After the fist batter failed after 3 years I bought a Battery Tender, and the second battery lasted 5 years.
 
Thread starter
Dave_imp said:
My current battery on my 2014 is still the factory battery and seems to be going strong but I know I'm probably pushing it on how old it is. Its been sitting on a trickle charger for the last 3 years of my injury anyways other than having friends take it out to keep the fluids and rubbers going. Not sure if that is contributing to its long life so far?

Your original batter is still good? Wow! I'm on my third battery for my 2014. After the fist batter failed after 3 years I bought a Battery Tender, and the second battery lasted 5 years.
Yea no issues at all but I feel like it can't go that much longer after this long

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Dave_imp said:
My current battery on my 2014 is still the factory battery and seems to be going strong but I know I'm probably pushing it on how old it is. Its been sitting on a trickle charger for the last 3 years of my injury anyways other than having friends take it out to keep the fluids and rubbers going. Not sure if that is contributing to its long life so far?

Your original batter is still good? Wow! I'm on my third battery for my 2014. After the fist batter failed after 3 years I bought a Battery Tender, and the second battery lasted 5 years.
I’m assuming this is a typo, Dave. It’s a beauty. :thumbsup:
 
Says the man who has everything … except a CB1100! :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
satchit_imp said:
When I used to commute daily - the stock Yuasa had no issues. Once the pandemic hit, and I was hardly riding, the Yuasa degraded quite quickly.

Since then, I only ride on weekends. Kept the stock Yuasa going for almost 2 yrs after I brought it back to life. But had to keep it on a tender and I also used to carry a portable jump starter with me (never had to use the jump starter).

Have not kept the NOCO on a tender yet. But I did get their smallest portable starter and their GBC007 cable so that if needed it can be jump started through the pigtail.
Tell us more about this set up please
Tell us more about this set up please
It is similar to a battery charging cable with a quick disconnect (Battery Tender SAE Quick Disconnect Harness - RevZilla). But to jump start the engine, these battery charging cable/fuse won't work.

NOCO sells the GBC-007 (NOCO Boost Eyelet Cable w/ X-Connect Adapter) cable - which supposedly can handle the current required for jump starting. The end of this cable directly connects to NOCO jump starters (NOCO Boost Sport GB20 Jump Starter 500A 12V – For Cars, Motorcycles, ATVs, & Lawn Mowers Portable Emergency Battery Booster Jump Box With Power Bank) . I'm hoping that this setup will be easier than using alligator clips in the tight space beneath the seat.
 
so if I am reading your post right, the jump starter won't hook up to an existing battery tender jr lead. you have to use or ADD the Norco lead in order to be able to jump start the bike
 
The SAE trickle charging leads tend to be too thin a gauge for optimum battery boosting activities (i.e. being able to pass enough current) In addition, and if by chance unfused, the thinner leads could fail.
 
will the Norco lead plug into the battery tender jr and function properly?

I don't worry about it on my CB, but the NC DCT and my wife's X Max, neither of which can be bump started
 
The ferret_imp said:
so if I am reading your post right, the jump starter won't hook up to an existing battery tender jr lead. you have to use or ADD the Norco lead in order to be able to jump start the bike
Correct. A standard cable won't handle the jump starter current - I kept blowing the fuse on the charging cable till I realized there is way more than 10 amps flowing from the jump starter.
The ferret_imp said:
will the Norco lead plug into the battery tender jr and function properly?

I don't worry about it on my CB, but the NC DCT and my wife's X Max, neither of which can be bump started
The gbc-007 cable I mentioned above comes with a adapter to attach to NoCo's chargers.
To connect to a standard sae adapter, you would also need to get NOCO X-Connect SAE Adapter.

The adapters can be removed and added as necessary.

To use a sae charger...
Battery --> 'NoCoJumpStarterCable' --> 'BoostToXConnectAdapter' --> 'XConnectToSaeAdapter' --> 'SAECharger'


To use a NoCo charger...
Battery --> 'NoCoJumpStarterCable' --> 'BoostToXConnectAdapter' --> 'NoCoCharger'


To use NoCo jump starter...
Battery --> 'NoCoJumpStarterCable' --> 'NoCoJumpStarter'
 
LiFePO4 batteries and "Noco" is a large (and sometimes nasty) topic on the Africa Twin Forum.

Honda model years 2019 (2018?) and later use LiFePO4s.

May your experience be smooth, m in sc.
 
Back
Top