Anybody riding a box stock CB 1100

Mine is still stone cold stock. Only thing I plan to change is the seat from the American/Euro version to the Japanese one. A buddy of mine is going to send it to me. It has a slightly more angled rear, and seat is more curved up front like the one in this picture. Other than that, I plan to keep her stock.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Here ya go MG compliments of Cormanus

Rubber Lever End Thingies

So far Two stockers lol..

Wow Damfino.. The Motor Company sure knows how to profit, don't they?
Haha! 22 pages of discussion concerning RLETs! Fantastic. I think next time I'm riding in Australia, I'll ask Cormanus to install them for me. Seems he's got it down.
Henrik_imp said:
Entirely stock with the exception of the HISS sticker which I don't consider as part of the original design.

I have been thinking about replacing the rear shocks with some Öhlins, but the more I think about it the less likely that is. I suppose the rear suspension could use some improvement, but I am concerned that the bike will lose its beautiful balance if I change those. I will then begin to notice more that perhaps the forks could be improved upon, and then the chassis etc. When it comes down to it, I find it perfect as it is. It is not a race bike, and so the fact that I can feel its limits when pushing it is actually part of the design. It is telling me that I should probably not push any harder, and instead just enjoy the ride.
Nonsense. Get the Ohlins. (This is where I'd insert the devil face emoticon if I had one.)
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
So, basically, every answer so far, to the original question could have been a simple "no'. You guys just love to talk! :rofl:

:D:D:D
And yet, the list of "here are my mods" posts just keep growing!

NO!
 
DGShannon_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
So, basically, every answer so far, to the original question could have been a simple "no'. You guys just love to talk! :rofl:

:D:D:D
And yet, the list of "here are my mods" posts just keep growing!

NO!
And yet, the list of "here are my mods" posts just keep growing!

NO!
I've been waiting to see if some smart aleck claims that their only deviation from bone stock was the changeover to synthetic oil. :D
 
MIne is stone cold stock. I did order a el cheapo set of emgo mirrors to try for 11.00 for the pair. I found out that CB500f mirrors were 40 a piece and was willing to take a chance on these. They have not come in yet but yeah I am 100 percent stock.

When I met forum member Headbanger I saw what the CB500f mirrors looked like on his CB and it just seemed right to me and I am not crazy about these stock round mirrors. He of course had the matching side covers that looked great but boy that is a lot of coin.
 
Mine is mostly stock. I did remove the stickers and the hideously ugly reflectors but those items are removed from every bike I get. The Puig screen is one addition but I often ride without it.

Just received a 2014 left side cover to replace the cheap plastic original that will be completed today.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
MIne is stone cold stock. I did order a el cheapo set of emgo mirrors to try for 11.00 for the pair. I found out that CB500f mirrors were 40 a piece and was willing to take a chance on these. They have not come in yet but yeah I am 100 percent stock.

When I met forum member Headbanger I saw what the CB500f mirrors looked like on his CB and it just seemed right to me and I am not crazy about these stock round mirrors. He of course had the matching side covers that looked great but boy that is a lot of coin.
You are one of the few that could answer YES then!

This thread should have about 3 total responses, rather than 3 pages! :D
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
MIne is stone cold stock. I did order a el cheapo set of emgo mirrors to try for 11.00 for the pair. I found out that CB500f mirrors were 40 a piece and was willing to take a chance on these. They have not come in yet but yeah I am 100 percent stock.

When I met forum member Headbanger I saw what the CB500f mirrors looked like on his CB and it just seemed right to me and I am not crazy about these stock round mirrors. He of course had the matching side covers that looked great but boy that is a lot of coin.
You are one of the few that could answer YES then!

This thread should have about 3 total responses, rather than 3 pages! :D
You are one of the few that could answer YES then!

This thread should have about 3 total responses, rather than 3 pages! :D
Got to have something to read ;)

gossman_imp said:
Yes is too short an answer, it must be no less than 5 characters
:rofl: is that true? Will it not take a 3 letter one word response? It will take a one emoticon response with no words :huh:
 
No I'm not.

It's a got a rack and top box, a Superbrace and a power outlet for the phone/GPS.
 
Yesss
Or, YES!! even.

Allright, I admit it's not as much to preserve the design purity of the style icon between my legs, as me being tight fisted and a mechanical numty
 
Stock STD 2014 Black Beauty. Likely to keep her stock ... I'm one of those who thinks stock is beautiful. I also consider Honda aftermarket as "stock" options. So, a heated Honda sourced grip is "stock" in my eyes.
 
Ok...I'll weigh in. My deluxe has the Honda OEM rear rack from Samurider, the Honda OEM engine guard, a National Cycle Deflector shield, and a set of Chromed Honda Logo valve stems. And the stickers are gone. Sorry DG... not a yes or a no and TMI for sure...LOL!
 
Aside from all the modifications I made, mine is bone stock ;)

Aesthetically, I only have the slip on. Really sold on the bikes looks. Only want to change the rear fender and mirrors.
 
Back
Top