Anybody riding a box stock CB 1100

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just as it came from the factory? ZERO farkles? Changed NOTHING?

Mine is pretty close

RLET's on levers
Progrip 719 Gel Grips
Aluminum valve stem cover caps from Harbor Freight
NC Street shield ex (in winter only .. off in other 3 seasons)
Kawasaki fork boots


I removed the decals on the top of the tank
Removed the curb feelers from the foot pegs
Put some moleskin on the top triple tree so the keys wouldn't scratch it.

But was just wondering if anyone has a box stock, just like it came from Honda CB 1100 .... Or do we all have to fiddle with our bikes to get them the way we want them?
 
Yes, pretty close, as you say. Only changes: RLETs, Grab-on grip covers, tank stickers off. That's it.

I do use a removable shield and tail bag when called for.

I like it just fine the way Honda made it.
 
I had to change the side covers. Silver was meh. The bike deserved matching red side covers (Honda seems to agree and they made the change for 2014). Otherwise, the seat, pegs and mirrors were changed to make the bike fit my long frame.

Windscreen and tank bag were added to make it usable over wider temperature ranges.

I'm considering the reflash of the ECU, but that is a lot of money for an invisible "improvement".
 
Mine is still box stock. I have a hard time spending money to replace new parts. In the future, if I find the right parts that are a bona fide upgrade, not just a lateral change, I might spend the money. In the meantime, I've helped keep Dainese and Arai in business. I did take the stickers off the tank...and the protective plastic off of the swingarm, but I hardly consider those actual changes. I think the bike is pretty darn good the way it is and I really don't think I'm smarter than the guys who built it, so I probably should leave well enough alone.
 
only 2 mods on mine - Honda heated grips and RLETS
oh - removed the 'HISS' and 'wear a helmet' stickers off
 
Stock except for sticker removal and foam grip covers, unless tires count.

13000 miles of stock, but new mods will be coming soon, I think.
 
fiddle fiddle all the way...stickers removed, RLETs, alu cowl, dual Moriwaki system, Tiros seat, Kijima grab handle, Tamer throttle tube, Power Commander. Ouch, I poured a lot into this lovely bike! Next cheap upgrade will be gaiters and..I know this is coming in the future...spoke wheels.
 
Only changes...RLET's, removed tank decals and installed Oury road grips. Honda OEM luggage rack on the way from Samurider.
 
Honda loses out big time by not having the support of factory accessories. I've added a wind shield, RLET's, and GPS mount. I've been waiting for news from Mr. T for K & H to release a tall seat for the 2014. Then I may add some other farkles. But honestly, my Harley Freewheeler arrived late in the season and has eaten up about $4000 in custom accessories. I may not have any left for the Honda!! :dodgy: Honda would have gotten that money first if they had had the bling...
 
Ok, I give...what does "RLET" stand for? And, no, mine isn't stock either! In fact, in came from the dealer with a Yoshimura slip-on installed. I was doomed to fall into the modification trap from the start!
 
Thread starter
Here ya go MG compliments of Cormanus

Rubber Lever End Thingies

So far Two stockers lol..

Wow Damfino.. The Motor Company sure knows how to profit, don't they?
 
All I've added to my CB so far has been a Corbin seat and a windshield. I do still use the stock seat from time to time. But I have plans to deal with the less than optimal suspension at both ends and have some Rox pull back's on hand to improve handlebar reach. Honda CB 1100's are superb bikes, but are not perfect as delivered from the factory. That animal probably doesn't exist in the market.

~ The Bee
 
Entirely stock with the exception of the HISS sticker which I don't consider as part of the original design.

I have been thinking about replacing the rear shocks with some Öhlins, but the more I think about it the less likely that is. I suppose the rear suspension could use some improvement, but I am concerned that the bike will lose its beautiful balance if I change those. I will then begin to notice more that perhaps the forks could be improved upon, and then the chassis etc. When it comes down to it, I find it perfect as it is. It is not a race bike, and so the fact that I can feel its limits when pushing it is actually part of the design. It is telling me that I should probably not push any harder, and instead just enjoy the ride.
 
Back
Top