PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Changing the front tire was a pain?Tev62_imp said:But the Reliant Robin wasn't as bad as the UK's invalid carriage. These used to be issued free to those who needed them. When I was a young lad I lived in the UK, they were very common. These were three wheelers and bloody awful.
I would say so!GoldOxide_imp said:Changing the front tire was a pain?Tev62_imp said:But the Reliant Robin wasn't as bad as the UK's invalid carriage. These used to be issued free to those who needed them. When I was a young lad I lived in the UK, they were very common. These were three wheelers and bloody awful.
Because of Southern California deserts and dunes, was very popular in 1970s amongst my friends, workmates, and acquaintances. To many had to be airlifted to desert hospitals and suffered permanent injuries. To many deaths. Darn things were to easy to wheelie and flip. To small and unstable for average adult. To much power for a child. Was working at metal shop in those days while attending college. Most of my workmates did custom cars, custom jeeps, and custom 3Wheelers. For the 3Wheelers they replaced the tube frame with a stronger/longer custom steel frame, but did not improve its safety. Glad the flippin things are gone.
That is indeed sad.Rboe_imp said:We had a Big Red come into the shop that had 4-5 kids on it that were bombing down the road, took a corner right into a moving freight train. Killed several of them. Very very sad. Grandpa finally got the courage to bring it in for repairs months later.
Everyone wondered how it could happen as they lived near the tracks and were supposed to be train aware.