Anybody have MotoGP video pass? **SPOILER ALERT**

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Direct TV dropped BEin sports, so I can't watch the race tomorrow.

Anyone have the MotoGP video pass?

Looks like 3 options:

Season Pass which ends in November. (Huh? racing season ends in March)

Monthly pass

1 race pass

whatcha got? Worth it?
 
redbirds has one, Ferret. I think he goes for the annual pass.

If you aren't going to be able to via cable for the rest of the season, you'd better go for the season pass—it's at a reduced price now, isn't it?

Interesting grid for the start.
 
I find the video pass worth the money. You can watch all practice and qualifying live, watch the race live or watch the recorded version whenever. Watch all races from this season or past seasons back to the two-stroke era. The subscription is for a year I think and not based on the season. Don't recall the price but it's reasonable for the racing coverage I think.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Direct TV dropped BEin sports, so I can't watch the race tomorrow.

Anyone have the MotoGP video pass?

Looks like 3 options:

Season Pass which ends in November. (Huh? racing season ends in March)

Monthly pass

1 race pass

whatcha got? Worth it?
I had the season pass a couple of years ago. It's really good unless you watch the racing live as it's happening. When it's live their server can't quite keep up with the bandwidth. If you watch later like we did it works great.

What they have on sale now is only for the rest of this season, which does end in November. The first race this season was March 18th, and the last race is November 18th. If you buy a pass AFTER November you get a pass through next season through the last race NEXT November.
 
CBRider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Direct TV dropped BEin sports, so I can't watch the race tomorrow.

Anyone have the MotoGP video pass?

Looks like 3 options:

Season Pass which ends in November. (Huh? racing season ends in March)

Monthly pass

1 race pass

whatcha got? Worth it?
I had the season pass a couple of years ago. It's really good unless you watch the racing live as it's happening. When it's live their server can't quite keep up with the bandwidth. If you watch later like we did it works great.

What they have on sale now is only for the rest of this season, which does end in November. The first race this season was March 18th, and the last race is November 18th. If you buy a pass AFTER November you get a pass through next season through the last race NEXT November.
I've not had that problem watching live.
 
Thread starter
CBRider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Direct TV dropped BEin sports, so I can't watch the race tomorrow.

Anyone have the MotoGP video pass?

Looks like 3 options:

Season Pass which ends in November. (Huh? racing season ends in March)

Monthly pass

1 race pass

whatcha got? Worth it?
I had the season pass a couple of years ago. It's really good unless you watch the racing live as it's happening. When it's live their server can't quite keep up with the bandwidth. If you watch later like we did it works great.

What they have on sale now is only for the rest of this season, which does end in November. The first race this season was March 18th, and the last race is November 18th. If you buy a pass AFTER November you get a pass through next season through the last race NEXT November.
I had the season pass a couple of years ago. It's really good unless you watch the racing live as it's happening. When it's live their server can't quite keep up with the bandwidth. If you watch later like we did it works great.

What they have on sale now is only for the rest of this season, which does end in November. The first race this season was March 18th, and the last race is November 18th. If you buy a pass AFTER November you get a pass through next season through the last race NEXT November.
Oh yea, season ends in November and begins in march. Duh.

7 races left and they want about $60.00? or so (53 euros plus fees?)

About the same I'm paying now. Think I'm paying $13.99 a month for direct TV x 12= $168 year for 19 races ...about $9 a race.

I don't really follow Moto 2 and Moto 3 just MotoGP qualifying and races.
 
Very disappointed that Direct TV dropped Beinsport.
I will try to get the video pass , as I am not very tech savvy how does this work do you have to go your computer/laptop or can it go directly to your tv ?
 
Houtman_imp said:
Very disappointed that Direct TV dropped Beinsport.
I will try to get the video pass , as I am not very tech savvy how does this work do you have to go your computer/laptop or can it go directly to your tv ?
I got a Chromecast device from WalMart, less than $40, that allows me to cast anything on my computer to my TV. The device is easy to set up. Plugs into an HDMI port on the TV and will prompt you through setup.
 
Thread starter
was able to watch the race here

 
Another good race with a well-deserved win to Dovizioso. Marquez worked really hard, I thought but just quite keep up. Tough for Lorenzo. He's really got that Ducati working for him now. The struggle between Lorenzo and Marquez when bot are on Hondas next year will be really interesting.

There was an interesting incident in Moto2 involving Romano Fenati that's lost him the right to compete in the next two races. I think I'm with Crutchlow: he should have been shown the door. Watch: Crazy moment Moto2 rider Romano Fenati grabs brake lever of Stefano Manzi during race
 
I called Direct TV yesterday about dropping BEIN Sport , they told me still negotiating for a deal but this could take a while or perhaps never.
Cancelled my subscription for now till further news is available.
I have to say that I missed the convenience of BEIN Sport , easy to tape on DVR for the whole year.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Another good race with a well-deserved win to Dovizioso. Marquez worked really hard, I thought but just quite keep up. Tough for Lorenzo. He's really got that Ducati working for him now. The struggle between Lorenzo and Marquez when bot are on Hondas next year will be really interesting.

There was an interesting incident in Moto2 involving Romano Fenati that's lost him the right to compete in the next two races. I think I'm with Crutchlow: he should have been shown the door. Watch: Crazy moment Moto2 rider Romano Fenati grabs brake lever of Stefano Manzi during race
Looks as though his career may be over. He had signed a deal with MV as their rider for a comeback to GP motorcycle racing. MV announced that they have dropped him and feeling is that no other teams are interested in a hothead that pulls dangerous stunts like this.
 
There are plenty of good and young (even Italian) riders to take Fenati 's place. He should be banned for life racing a motorcycle.
 
Thanks for that link, redbirds. In my opinion, the teams have made the right decisions. DORNA should follow on and ban him from racing for ever.
 
Back
Top