Anybody completely blue?

YellowdogN8_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I got the blue tank from Samurider, wondering about completing the blue theme. It looks pretty cool with the black side covers, wondering if anyone has done those in blue?
 
I opted for the dark blue from Takashi.

b60d57efca7d72d7acd1a666b1409aba.jpg


efe5fb7e651693b39d2538e9b6e80cc9.jpg
 
Looks good, Yellowdog!

BTW, that looks like the H&B Alurack (I have one too). Some members were having trouble with fitment earlier this year. Did you have any issues installing it?
 
My Canadian model came with the Spenser Blue Tank, but I was thinking of maybe going with matching blue side covers. However, all the items that are black or matte black seem to balance each other fairly well...I may just leave well enough alone.

Even the gold tinge on the headers doesn't look too bad along with the blue tank. It's getting near the time for another Opti-Glanz treatment so that I can see how the headers look like in silver again.

 
Thread starter
I remember being frustrated, but got it done. It is really strong, the case held up the back of the bike during an accident last month.
Gumby 1100_imp said:
My Canadian model came with the Spenser Blue Tank, but I was thinking of maybe going with matching blue side covers. However, all the items that are black or matte black seem to balance each other fairly well...I may just leave well enough alone.

Even the gold tinge on the headers doesn't look too bad along with the blue tank. It's getting near the time for another Opti-Glanz treatment so that I can see how the headers look like in silver again.
Gumby, talk to me about your windshield...
 
YellowdogN8_imp said:
I remember being frustrated, but got it done. It is really strong, the case held up the back of the bike during an accident last month.
Gumby 1100_imp said:
My Canadian model came with the Spenser Blue Tank, but I was thinking of maybe going with matching blue side covers. However, all the items that are black or matte black seem to balance each other fairly well...I may just leave well enough alone.

Even the gold tinge on the headers doesn't look too bad along with the blue tank. It's getting near the time for another Opti-Glanz treatment so that I can see how the headers look like in silver again.
Gumby, talk to me about your windshield...
My windshield is a National Cycle Street Shield EX with a Clamp-On MRA X-creen Tour.
It may look tall, but so am I, so I still look over it. The top may be as high as my chin.

The Street Shield wasn't tall enough to keep the bugs off my face shield and was rather noisy...no real buffeting though as some have experienced.

With the MRA X-creen it is much quieter and it directs the bugs over my helmet (well, most of them). I got the clamp-on brackets in case I didn't like it and wanted to remove it, but I think that it is staying put! The X-creen is pretty much in the lowest position. I tried setting it higher and at various angles, but the position as shown in my photo works best for me. I can drive at speeds up to 50mph/80kph with my helmet visor fully open, without buffeting.

 
I love Randy's dark blue. Isn't it the only one in North America? The Spenser blue is different correct?

Gumby, Thanks for the info on the MRA and the Street Shield EX. After much reading in old threads (thanks Ferret for the easy to find Street Shield EX thread) I ordered one for cool weather use. I have the Road Comet for warmer riding.
 
YellowdogN8_imp said:
I got the blue tank from Samurider, wondering about completing the blue theme. It looks pretty cool with the black side covers, wondering if anyone has done those in blue?
I have not been a fan of the "all black" bike, nothing personal, but seeing the all black bike with the blue tank really looks killer, I always believed that the side cover should match the tank, but man this is to close for me to call, either way I think it would look good....:beerchug:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I love Randy's dark blue. Isn't it the only one in North America? The Spenser blue is different correct?

Gumby, Thanks for the info on the MRA and the Street Shield EX. After much reading in old threads (thanks Ferret for the easy to find Street Shield EX thread) I ordered one for cool weather use. I have the Road Comet for warmer riding.
Yes, the Spencer blue is a lighter shade as you can see by my avatar.
 
Thanks Rocky. It looked lighter, but hard to tell on a computer monitor sometimes.
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
YellowdogN8_imp said:
I got the blue tank from Samurider, wondering about completing the blue theme. It looks pretty cool with the black side covers, wondering if anyone has done those in blue?
I have not been a fan of the "all black" bike, nothing personal, but seeing the all black bike with the blue tank really looks killer, I always believed that the side cover should match the tank, but man this is to close for me to call, either way I think it would look good....:beerchug:
I have not been a fan of the "all black" bike, nothing personal, but seeing the all black bike with the blue tank really looks killer, I always believed that the side cover should match the tank, but man this is to close for me to call, either way I think it would look good....:beerchug:
I can say that the blue black looks really good. I have the spenser blue tank (Canadian model) and side covers are matt black and match the engine (which is partially blacked out as well).
I've grown to love the look and wouldnt change it. In fact I bought a RC2 in matt black from Mr T and it sets the bike off nicely with contrasting but complementary color schemes.. of course thats IMHO.
I have side paniers that in the off season i plan to paint in matt as well.
The blue side covers could also look great-if someone gets them done please post pics. would love to see them..
Thanks - just remember:
all Honda CB11's are awesome regardless of the colors ;)
 
Wow Yellowdog that looks fantastic!!!
I also have a black CB1100 and would love a blue tank. What is the name of that blue? Did the tank fit properly?
Thanks,
Dino
YellowdogN8_imp said:
I got the blue tank from Samurider, wondering about completing the blue theme. It looks pretty cool with the black side covers, wondering if anyone has done those in blue?
 
Rocky, that is really a beautiful bike!
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone. It seems to be the Spencer Blue. Delivery to the East Coast from Japan in 6 days. Part is OEM, so fitment is perfect.
Love seeing everyone's bikes. The OEM blue from Canada with the aluminum accents and the more subdued blue. Can't believe no one has the matching blue side panels yet. I might just have to be the canary in the coal mine.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rocky, that is really a beautiful bike!
Thanks popgun.
Like jrns, I too have grown to like the contrasting matt look and probably wouldn't change it, but that said, I too would like to see what blue side panels look like :D
 
Back
Top