Any one going to the AIMEXPO ?

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This Friday I am traveling to Orlando to go to the AIMEXPO on Saturday.
Than on Sunday I will go to Miami to visit the Miami car museum on Monday.
Any else going to Orlando ?
Being retired gives me the opportunity to do all these things and take my time.
I will go by car incase I buy stuff at the show .
 
Taking the car to a bike show is a good plan. i always buy more stuff than I could load on a bike LOL.

Post some show pics please and enjoy.
 
I'll be there Saturday for sure, and possibly Sunday. Last year I felt like is covered the show by the end of the first day, but they've expanded it this year. New demo rides are available BTW.

Kawi is going to show the H2. I can't wait..
 
Venue change in Phoenix, instead of the Cardinals Stadium it's across town in West World (not the one with Yul Brenner). I may even go for a test ride (but will likely balk at the long wait times)
 
Rboe_imp said:
Venue change in Phoenix, instead of the Cardinals Stadium it's across town in West World (not the one with Yul Brenner). I may even go for a test ride (but will likely balk at the long wait times)
If you want to do any test rides, I suggest going when they open, otherwise the wait is usually upwards of an hour or two for a particular bike.
 
Thread starter
The AIMEXPO is different than the "normal" bike shows, there will only be one.
First two days is trade only and Saturday and Sunday for the general public.
 
AzBob_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Venue change in Phoenix, instead of the Cardinals Stadium it's across town in West World (not the one with Yul Brenner). I may even go for a test ride (but will likely balk at the long wait times)
If you want to do any test rides, I suggest going when they open, otherwise the wait is usually upwards of an hour or two for a particular bike.
If you want to do any test rides, I suggest going when they open, otherwise the wait is usually upwards of an hour or two for a particular bike.
AIMExpo appears to be a one-shot deal in Orange County. Which bike show are you guys talking about? I remember there was one last year at the big stadium, but I missed it.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
AzBob_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Venue change in Phoenix, instead of the Cardinals Stadium it's across town in West World (not the one with Yul Brenner). I may even go for a test ride (but will likely balk at the long wait times)
If you want to do any test rides, I suggest going when they open, otherwise the wait is usually upwards of an hour or two for a particular bike.
If you want to do any test rides, I suggest going when they open, otherwise the wait is usually upwards of an hour or two for a particular bike.
AIMExpo appears to be a one-shot deal in Orange County. Which bike show are you guys talking about? I remember there was one last year at the big stadium, but I missed it.
If you want to do any test rides, I suggest going when they open, otherwise the wait is usually upwards of an hour or two for a particular bike.
AIMExpo appears to be a one-shot deal in Orange County. Which bike show are you guys talking about? I remember there was one last year at the big stadium, but I missed it.
Ah, sorry, I was referring to the IMS the first week of November. I went last year at Cardinal stadium, but my wife didn't really want to be there, so I didn't get to test ride anything. This year, I "heard" it was moved to West World, and I'm too lazy to get up and go look at the post card they sent me in the mail to see where it is. I just know it's around Nov. 5th and I can't go because I will have a newborn coming into the world either just before then or right around then.
 
Thread starter
I just came back into the hotel next to the AIMEXPO , very good show, lots of people and great products.
Saw the new Kawasaki HR2 , nice bike with 300 hp and no price yet but it will be expensive!
Also they had the Ducati scrambler , not bad looking at all.
From the big Japanese 4 only Honda was missing but they will be there next year.
I highly recommend this show with beautiful show girls as well !
 
The street version Kaw wasn't there? Interesting.
 
I have seen the future, and its awesome!

The H2 is clearly the next generation in performance motorcycling. From the engine to the aerodynamics, from the chassis to the "paint" (panel surfaces are finished with what looks like liquid metal), this must be like seeing the prototype CB-750s back in the sixties. I think this bike meets the hype (for once) and is truly a paradigm shift in the industry.

I doubt I'll own one, but I'm sure that now that Kawi has raised the bar, H2 tech is going to trickle down across the industry. Maybe it will inspire Suzuki to get busy and build the Recursion.
 
Back
Top