Any interest in sissy bars?

Hard to do something like this project remote remote. Big risk without the bike and you present.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Thread starter
Agreed- but that was his decision to make considering he does this for a living and posts pictures of all the bars he makes on his website and facebook. He said send him the bar I had on the bike and he could build the sissy bar based on that.

I'm in no way upset it wasn't right the first time. I am upset he dropped off the radar, mia, with my money, kijima grab bar and back pad for months.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Bar is here- and the modifications in design look good. No flaws that I can see initially.

I just got home from work- so I will get changed and head to the garage to see if it fits.

It did ship directly from the chrome shop- so I do not have the Kijima bar or the back pad. I texted him and he said he sent them separately and they left his house 3 days ago.

Update shortly.....
 
Well that's good news. maybe it won't turn out so bad afetr all
 
Thread starter
I wish...

The back angle is good now- further reclined. The back pad mounting straps are 3 inch lower which look like they are right height- but I had asked for the entire legs to be 3 inches shorter. The vertical tubes start an inch closer to the rear of the seat.

Still not right on the mounting holes in the brackets, and the best part- since I had told him that I wanted the vertical section to start upward an inch closer to the seat-instead of doing that and changing where the bend is- he just welded the mounting tabs back an inch moving the whole thing forward.

Works great as far as the rear spacing on the seat- but now the front of the bar hits the shocks.

So he fixed the angle, and lowered the pad- but left the bar 3 inches taller than I wanted, still didn't get the bolt holes to line up, and now is interfering with the shocks.. So I would say 25% better- 75% still wrong.

Guy is a complete amateur as far as claiming to be a 'businessman' as he won't actually speak on the phone, denies responsibility via text and basically is just trying to run and hide considering he is on the other side of the country.

SOOOOO... I will have to make it work myself- which will require redrilling the mounting holes and trimming the ends off the front of the bar which is annoying as I will have to paint the ends silver to prevent rust, as well as the holes I redrill- on my otherwise nicely chromed bar that I spend about $500 on at this point. And it will still be a little too tall for my preference- but I can't do anything about that...

ARRRGGGHHHHHHH
 
Thread starter
No worries. I'll make it work. The rest of the bike is far from perfect since I am doing homemade stuff myself- so this being flawed won't kill me. I just hate paying good money for flawed.
Almost done. Sneak peak- still missing some parts and filthy dirty.

Wish the back pad was here. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday?

The sissy bar bag I bought should be here on Tuesday.

I need to finish the valve cover in brushed aluminum.

And if I can get the sissy bar mounted correctly today, I might test fit the panniers to see what happens.

But the bike definitely has a little more attitude than it did before.

7744bf3553dfb454a7a3a5ea620966e6.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Don't get me wrong – I know it would be cleaner and cooler if it were my Kajima bar from Japan, but my wife wants to ride and would like back support.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It sucks that you still have to make some adjustments yourself after all of this - BUT - I think it looks pretty good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Here is the bar mounted with the new sissy bar bag that arrived today.

Still need the back pad (and Kimija bar) to arrive from the JA that claimed he shipped it a week ago. (uh-huh)...

If I don't have it by Friday I am just going to order a new back pad and Kijima bar and eat the cost.

Bike is filthy- and needs some detail touch ups on some of my 'work'... also still needs the brushed valve cover swapped out... but it is 98% done.. I hope I am not the only one that likes it... also need to mount the Samurider hard cases.



[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0595_zpssjyvgpbq.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0599_zpskrcwcp3z.jpg.html]
 
Wow really looks very mid 80 ish. Good job.
 
Thread starter
To be fair- the bike would be better looking with the Kijima grab bar, lower handlebars instead of my more pulled back ones, and one of those nighthawk style fairings I see people on here have.

But that would be for a sporting look, at the local bar or parking lot.

My bars and bags will be more practical for riding with the wife on trips...
 
I reckon it's looking great PowerDubs.
 
Thread starter
Thanks. I'm flying back from vacation tonight. The back pad should be sitting waiting for me. I'll try to find some time to put it on tomorrow and snap a couple pics- maybe even with the wife sitting on it. She is sick now, so we will see how she feels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top