Any interest in sissy bars?

I'd be interested in the final product and of course price. Post pics when you're done so we can get a feel for the look.
 
Thread starter
Yup. No point in 'currently fashionable' on an old style bike. Same reason I got rid of the stock seat, side grab pieces and retrofit the '13 blinkers & controls.

Within reason, I want to bike to look as close as possible to back then and take off stuff that is obviously out of place.

The back pad is made by Mustang for a Harley. Once the bar is done, I will send the back pad to K&H to be reupholsted to match my seat.
 
Thread starter
Let's see if this will work from my phone.

294036e0c03ba4d6d9dbf1dab262d900.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm bumping this for Powerdubs as he doesn't know that if he posts after a post, the software will append it to the previous post. :P

He asked me to do it.

Is this good PD?
 
Thread starter
Dumb forum software if you ask me- it would always put my latest picture before the original. But I found out posting from my phone fixes that. Thanks for for your condescending post. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Glad to be of service :D :beerchug:

Awesome sissybar and pad by the way.
 
Thread starter
I think it will be good when done. The top part is going to bend back a bit, both for a little 'tail' attitude, and less chance of rubbing the wife the wrong way.

And I am also going to have a cross bar right above the upward bends so I can strap gear to it.

I know it looks silly tall in the picture, but for reference the seat height on my stepped K&H is about an inch above the rear bar on the Kijima.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PD, are you going to have it chromed or powder coated?

Looking forward to more pics as you move along.
 
Thread starter
I wrote the builder today to check on the status and hopefully get a few more project pictures.

I wanted to verify that he was putting the lower cross bar in the proper position, as I had wrote in my email descriptions and shown on my diagrams (on the diagram I drew it above the seat to show it, but noted below the picture that it would be lower at the base of the seat right above the bends).

I had also specified in my sketches and descriptions of how I wanted the pad support straps to be, and the welds on such.

He responded that he had already sent the bar to be chromed, without me getting to see the final work first to OK no adjustments would be needed. He did NOT put the lower bar in like I wanted apparently.

I know the builder is young, and I am not, but that is NOT the way to build a custom part from across the country. Communication is needed, and approval of final product 100% should be done before sent to be chromed (while it can still be adjusted).

I am currently not happy. I will let you know what happens.

:-/
 
Thread starter
Well, turned out to be a somewhat miscommunication by the builder.

Here are the pictures he took before he shipped it to get chromed.

Seems everything looks pretty much like I designed it, outside of the low back cross bar missing which isn't the end of the world, I would only strap gear to that 1% or less of the time.

I am happy he remembered my instructions to tuck the pad support straps inwards to hide the welds.

Once I get it back, I will send the back pad to K&H in japan to recover to match my seat.

I'm loving the tail kick at the top. :banana:
 
Thread starter
I actually thought about having a bottle opener incorporated in some manner..

Bar is back from the chrome shop and is shipping to me tomorrow according to the builder. I should have pics of it chromed tomorrow. :)
 
Thread starter
I received an email from the builder. He got the bar back from the chrome shop but found a flaw in the chrome on the back of the pad mount strap. So he is sending it back to be fixed. Ugh.

66807aa929c45857f8f39bc49937b3b9.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top