Any Experience w Klim Helmets?

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Starting to look for a replacement for my trusty Shoei Neotec. Nothing wrong with the Neotec, it fits me great. Logic dictates that replacement should be a Neotec II, but...

- Neotec II is a little heavier.
- Neotec II requires proprietary BT comms
- I really want a modular WITHOUT sun visor.

I wear Rx sunglasses during the day, including riding. I never use the retractable sun visor. I know the easy solution is "well, just don't use it", but if I can minimize weight and hidden compartments in the helmet to reduce noise (those constant little background whistles), I'm all for it.

Enter the KLIM TK 1200 SKYLINE helmet. It's almost a pound less than the competition and doesn't have the visor.

All that writing just to ask you, salty riders, if any of you have had experience with Klim products, especially their helmets?

:thanks:
 
I bought and returned the Klim, It didn’t fit my Shoei- shaped noggin. Really wanted to love it, as it is light and the Transitions shield is fantastic (I have them on Bell and Shoei helmets.)

The Klim is actually a Lazer, tuned up for the US market. I also bought and returned the AGV Sportmodular, as I was seduced by the light weight and design. Just didn’t work for me, size, shape, and throat- cutting neck strap.

Got the Neotec 2 and couldn’t be happier. The weight has been a non- issue and it’s just a really comfortable and well- engineered lid.

Your results may vary, but there ya go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
I bought and returned the Klim, It didn’t fit my Shoei- shaped noggin. Really wanted to love it, as it is light and the Transitions shield is fantastic (I have them on Bell and Shoei helmets.)

The Klim is actually a Lazer, tuned up for the US market. I also bought and returned the AGV Sportmodular, as I was seduced by the light weight and design. Just didn’t work for me, size, shape, and throat- cutting neck strap.

Got the Neotec 2 and couldn’t be happier. The weight has been a non- issue and it’s just a really comfortable and well- engineered lid.

Your results may vary, but there ya go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Capo,

What size Neotec do you wear? Did you buy the Klim a size larger? That's something "Anthony from Revzilla TV, where you can watch, decide and ride" says in the vid review. If you didn't, would've that made a difference?

I also have a Shoei-shaped head. :cool:

Thanks!
 
My brother rides with a Klim helmet. He loves it. Then again, he works for Klim, and can get their gear for half price. What's not to love about that? ;)
 
Nemo_imp said:
Dr. Capo. Paging Dr. Capo.
He's trying to get his helmet off to take the call. :rofl: :rofl:
 
Ah, finally got the helmet off, sorry. Yes, a size larger. The problem with the Klim/ Lazer is that the carbon fiber makes for an extraordinarily stiff helmet, and removing it nearly ripped my ears off. I gave up on my quest for the ultimate light modular after buying trying and returning via Revzilla, and am quite happy with the NeoTec 2 now.
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
Ah, finally got the helmet off, sorry. Yes, a size larger. The problem with the Klim/ Lazer is that the carbon fiber makes for an extraordinarily stiff helmet, and removing it nearly ripped my ears off. I gave up on my quest for the ultimate light modular after buying trying and returning via Revzilla, and am quite happy with the NeoTec 2 now.
:thanks:
 
Back
Top