another wine run

Jeffhorn_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
After weeks and weeks of rain, standing water in the yard and so forth, the sun has been out for several days so had to get the CB out for a little ride. Where to go? Hey, I've a wine club up. Started with 47 degrees, a bit chilly but not so bad. Had a beautiful trip through the Napa Valley, Knight's Valley, Alexander Valley (had to stop at a favorite winery for their Sauvignon Blanc and Malbec) then on to Dry Creek Valley for my pick-up. Planned on coming home with 3 bottles but ended up with a case. Sigh. I just like to but wine. A friend of mine asked why I buy so much wine when I have so much already. I answered with a question: "Why do you buy so many shoes?". She understands.
 
Gee I thought they would be little viney things like the stems that come on the grapes I buy
 
Nice pic..

For the wine tour around Niagara region, we have to wait until spring

788925451b08cdfc4a32d8d8884bf940.jpg



Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries | Niagara Falls Tourism

In 2015, I did my last wine tour and almost got drunk just by inhaling wine vapor while cruising around..lol
 
Wow Ferret, just wow. I get it though, not a lot of vineyards up in your parts.

Of course that is a very old specimen. Most you see here in NC aren't nearly that big but our wine agriculture is but an infant compared to the west coast.
 
My region of Georgia is not the best for grape cultivation but famous for high quality blueberries. Just a few miles from home is a winery that produces blueberry wines.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Wow Ferret, just wow. I get it though, not a lot of vineyards up in your parts.

Of course that is a very old specimen. Most you see here in NC aren't nearly that big but our wine agriculture is but an infant compared to the west coast.
Nope, but we have beer breweries by the dozens lol (German heritage area, you know)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Wow Ferret, just wow. I get it though, not a lot of vineyards up in your parts.

Of course that is a very old specimen. Most you see here in NC aren't nearly that big but our wine agriculture is but an infant compared to the west coast.
Nope, but we have beer breweries by the dozens lol (German heritage area, you know)
Nope, but we have beer breweries by the dozens lol (German heritage area, you know)
Actually, there are some vineyards in Ohio, and more particularly Pennsylvania, and New York state along the south shore of Lake Erie. In addition, the west shore of Lake Ontario is very rich with wine grape growers.
 
Lovely thing to do, Jeffhorn. I need a chauffeur when I go wine tasting.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Wow Ferret, just wow. I get it though, not a lot of vineyards up in your parts.

Of course that is a very old specimen. Most you see here in NC aren't nearly that big but our wine agriculture is but an infant compared to the west coast.

Bheezy..passed the only vineyard i know down along the river today. Here's what our grape vines look like


45aa26e74c807054299e86c2f63436d8.jpg


The big things you see are the sticks holding up the vines


.
 
Back
Top