another tire thread

NickLHG_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Currently have a set of Pirelli Sport Demon touring tires on my CB and absolutely love them amazing grip even in the rain. Starting to believe I have the wrong size Rear on as overtime it slowly leaks air.
Rear tire spec is 140/70 - 18
Only tires I can find are 140/70 - 18B 67V or 140/70 - 18 67V
Do either of these actually fit on the rear.. if not why? Trying to understand more about tires as I learn more about motorcycles in general.
I know one of the letters has to do with speed rating but thats all.
Only downside do these tires (besides the possibility of being the wrong size) is.. 2500 miles on the rear and its ready for a switch.

If these tires dont work on my wheels feel free to throw some of your suggested tires in as well. Looking for a sticky tire that that goes at least 5000 miles.
thanks guys
 
The Sport Demon is a bias-ply tire, not a radial, so it’s not exactly the correct fitment for your bike. That said, it can be tough to find the correct-size radials for the CB1100. I learned yesterday that Fortnine in Canada carries the Bridgestone T32 sport-touring radial in the OE sizes (not available in the U.S. the last time I checked). You may want to consider that.
 
I have Angel GTs. 120 on the front and 160 on the rear. Love them.
 
140/70 - 18 are the critical measurements for the rear tyre. I’m running the Sport Demons at the moment and reckon they’re fine. I doubt the leak has anything to do with the size of the tyre.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
The Sport Demon is a bias-ply tire, not a radial, so it’s not exactly the correct fitment for your bike. That said, it can be tough to find the correct-size radials for the CB1100. I learned yesterday that Fortnine in Canada carries the Bridgestone T32 sport-touring radial in the OE sizes (not available in the U.S. the last time I checked). You may want to consider that.

The rear (140/70) size of the Bridgestone T32 is 'out of stock' at F9 when I checked today. :-(
 
I have some T31's on order. I get this message when I try and configure the T32's. This is a Bridgestone Irish tyre selector site and it might just be because they don't have the full size range yet. (2017MY EX)

 
My original Dunlop tires leaked a tiny amount of air, and the Bridgestones I replaced them with (and new valve stems) also leak a tiny amount. The pressure may drop by 2 psi over 3 months, nothing to be alarmed about.
 
Dave_imp said:
My original Dunlop tires leaked a tiny amount of air, and the Bridgestones I replaced them with (and new valve stems) also leak a tiny amount. The pressure may drop by 2 psi over 3 months, nothing to be alarmed about.
(+1) Sounds almost par for the course in the realm of motorcycles.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Dave_imp said:
My original Dunlop tires leaked a tiny amount of air, and the Bridgestones I replaced them with (and new valve stems) also leak a tiny amount. The pressure may drop by 2 psi over 3 months, nothing to be alarmed about.
(+1) Sounds almost par for the course in the realm of motorcycles.
(+1) Sounds almost par for the course in the realm of motorcycles.
same same
 
Tev62_imp said:
I have some T31's on order. I get this message when I try and configure the T32's. This is a Bridgestone Irish tyre selector site and it might just be because they don't have the full size range yet. (2017MY EX)
I'm guessing that this is a software glitch on their configuration page. The 110/80 - 18 is definitely the OEM size for the CB1100 front. I've seen this before on a U.S. site and just bypassed the configurator and ordered the size I knew was correct.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
I have some T31's on order. I get this message when I try and configure the T32's. This is a Bridgestone Irish tyre selector site and it might just be because they don't have the full size range yet. (2017MY EX)
I'm guessing that this is a software glitch on their configuration page. The 110/80 - 18 is definitely the OEM size for the CB1100 front. I've seen this before on a U.S. site and just bypassed the configurator and ordered the size I knew was correct.
I'm guessing that this is a software glitch on their configuration page. The 110/80 - 18 is definitely the OEM size for the CB1100 front. I've seen this before on a U.S. site and just bypassed the configurator and ordered the size I knew was correct.
Good to know, I'll ask the shop if they can get the T32's here yet. We have a motorcycle shop here that has dominated tyre supply in and around the Dublin area for a good while now and they have massive stocks. T32 not on their website yet so it is possible they are in short supply still in the early phase of launch.
 
Back
Top